This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 3

Why does Machform not clean up after itself?

1. almasco

Hi Yuniar,

I have found that Machform never cleans up after itself. Why is that so? For example, when I delete an entry from the Machform admin page, that entry is not deleted from the database. Also when I delete elements, remove options from radio buttons and drop downs or even delete forms, they still remain in the database.

This makes it difficult for me to pull data right from the database because I can't be sure if the data I am getting is coming from entries that I have specifically deleted.

How can I resolve this?

Alma.

Posted 11 years ago #
  2. yuniar

Hi Alma,

That is actually a feature we introduced since version 3.
    By default, when you delete any entries or fields, MachForm won't delete those data permanently. Instead, only their status is being set to 0.

This is very useful when you accidentally deleted some entries or fields and need to restore them back (we received many requests regarding this).

However, if you don't want the above feature, it can be disabled easily.
    Simply edit your config.php file, search for this code:

define('MF_CONF_TRUE_DELETE',false);

change it to become:

define('MF_CONF_TRUE_DELETE',true);

This way, each time you delete any entries or fields, they will be deleted permanently from the database.
    You won't be able to recover them.

MachForm Founder

Posted 11 years ago #
  3. almasco

Thanks for the quick reply.

Posted 11 years ago #
  4. Carel

Hi,

My database has 3 GB of data. How can I delete the old files?
    When I go to > data > form> I see two maps: css and files. Here I see JPG, documents, TMP and PHP files.
    Can I clean up the hole files map and make it empty?

Regrads,
    Carel

Posted 9 years ago #
  5. yuniar

Under your "files" folder, you can delete any TMP files safely. These files were coming from users who doesn't complete their submission.
    As for PHP files, there shouldn't be any PHP files there. You can delete them as well.

While any other files, they all are associated with your entries. If you deleted the entries, those files should be deleted as well (assuming that you have done the config.php modification as mentioned above).

MachForm Founder

Posted 9 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic