This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 4

Very slow submit button

1. braysher

Hi, I was hoping you could instruct me on how to speed up the page load speed after the submit button is clicked. Right now it takes a good 5-10 sec for the submission confirmation to load. I know it isn't necessarily something to do with MacForm itself but do you have any suggestions on what I could alter in either MachForm or my server to speed up the process? Thanks!

Posted 8 years ago #
  2. AMurray
    Pro Member

What is the nature of your form; is it used to upload large attachments (which might explain the slow speed), or is it simply for emailing a straight message - with minimal fields? Is it a large form (multple pages, dozens of fields)? Which option are you using for the confirmation page - is it redirecting to a custom (external) page or the inbult confirmation?

Does it do this with all your forms, or a particular one?

Who is your hosting provider? What type of hosting? (shared, VPS, dedicated server?)

What are your PHP settings; (these are issues your host can help you with), for example ask your hosting support about the following, and if they can raise the settings:

time_out ; max_execution_time; memory_limit

It may not be Machform itself, but your hosting service, your internet connection - anything - that could cause that slowdown but if you need further technical assistance, suggest youcontact Appnitro direct - http://www.appnitro.com/contact

Posted 8 years ago #
  3. yuniar

There are many possibilities as mentioned by AMurray above, but based on past experiences, most likely the issue is the slow connection to the SMTP server.

Try to turn off the email notification setting on your form and test it.
    If your form is being processed faster, then your server is having slow connection to the SMTP server.

You can try to turn off the SMTP server option completely or contact your hosting tech support and let them know.

MachForm Founder

Posted 8 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic