This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » News & Announcement

[v3.3 Preview] Multi-user is coming!

1. yuniar

Yep, the multi-user MachForm is coming real soon! :D Check out below:

http://www.appnitro.com/blog-multi-user-machform

MachForm Founder

Posted 11 years ago #
  2. jhinkle

SUPER excited for this!!!

1 question; What if I just want to have someone view/export entries and not be able to create new forms/themes or be an administrator. Do I HAVE to choose a privilege for each user?

Posted 11 years ago #
  3. yuniar

Simply assign "View Entries" permission to that user for the particular forms (or all forms). Privileges are optional.

MachForm Founder

Posted 11 years ago #
  4. williamansley

I am really excited that multi-user Machform is finally (nearly) here! How are you handling passwords? Are passwords assigned manually for each account? Can you import user names (email addresses) and passwords from a list? (I assume that the first version of multi-user Machform will *not* be able to tie into an existing LDAP directory, but I'd be happy to be wrong.) Can users reset their own passwords? Can you set the passwords to expire after the first logon or at regular intervals? I realize that you may not have any of these password handling features in the first multi-user release of Machform, but I hope you will consider adding them in future upgrades.

Posted 11 years ago #
  5. yuniar

You need to manually assign the password when you add the user. There is no LDAP integration yet indeed, but you can import users from a list (email address, full name, password). So you will be able to add a bunch of users all at once.

Users will be able to reset their own password but there is no option to force the expiry yet. This is something that we would like to fine-tune in the future.

MachForm Founder

Posted 11 years ago #
  6. williamansley

You included the two password management features that I rate as most important ("import user account info from a list" and "users can reset their own passwords"), so I am quite happy for now. Thanks for making a great program even better.

Posted 11 years ago #
  7. debra

Yuniar, will we be able to create a "theme" for the admin panel our "clients" will see? Would like to change the lime green and peach to the form/website theme colors.

Thanks!

Debra

Posted 11 years ago #
  8. yuniar

Debra, actually there are few admin panel themes already since v3.2.

In case you missed it, here they are:
    http://www.appnitro.com/blog-new-admin-themes

If you need other colors, you can modify the existing ones by modifying the CSS files.

MachForm Founder

Posted 11 years ago #
  9. debra

Thank you!

Posted 11 years ago #
  10. erzon

this is indeed a good updates. This will help the admin the time of export since they some users can export in every form with the access given to them.. Keep up the good work

Posted 11 years ago #
  11. berndtb

Can we also get to choose admin locked box on the Send Confirmation Email, please

Posted 11 years ago #
  12. berndtb

Preferably also a version where you can control fields to be displayed or not in relation to the previous field. But as I said before the program is fantastic and I will survive for sure if these things are not going to introduce

Posted 11 years ago #
  13. atteam

thank you! this will be good update!

Posted 11 years ago #
  14. yuniar

An update on this, we'll be releasing v3.3 on July 9th!

MachForm Founder

Posted 11 years ago #
  15. rp

This is wonderful news!
    Thanks for all your hard work.

Posted 11 years ago #
  16. wcchong

I think this is a good news for many MachForm users. Is there any plans about LDAP integration ? And how about the pricing for number of users and sites installed ?

Posted 11 years ago #
  17. williamansley

Pricing is covered in the blog entry linked to in the first post in this thread. I will re-post the link below:

http://www.appnitro.com/blog-multi-user-machform

And here is the pricing information:

Standard: 5 users
    Professional: 20 users
    Unlimited: unlimited users

I think the limits on the number of users is rather on the low side. More reasonable limits, in my opinion, would be 10 user accounts for the Standard license and 50 accounts for the Professional license. Or perhaps more licensing options could be created. At my organization, we only need to support a single web site, but, ideally, we would like to be able to create an unlimited number of user accounts. So, if we upgraded to an Unlimited license to get more user accounts, we are also buying right to install to unlimited web sites, which we don't need.

Posted 11 years ago #
  18. wcchong

Hi williamansley,

My scenario is similar to you, a small number of web sites with unlimited number of users.

Posted 11 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic