This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » News & Announcement

[UPDATE] MachForm 4.2.3 Security Release

1. yuniar

Please read the link below for details:
    http://www.appnitro.com/blog-machform-423-security-release

MachForm Founder

Posted 9 years ago #
  2. palmamultimedia

Hi Yuniar, I followed the instructions and I ended up with this "You're up to date already! (v4.1)" and now the form doesn't show. The form is no longer in use at the moment so I'm not worried, just want to know if I went wrong as I need to do this for 'real' with a site that does matter.
    The database is still there and the form is still there. Shall I try the upgrade MachForm 3.5.4 first?
    Paul

Posted 9 years ago #
  3. yuniar

Hi Paul,

It looks like the update is not being uploaded properly.
    Try to download it again, to make sure you have downloaded the latest update and reupload the files.

If the problem persist, please contact us directly and let us know your FTP login info.
    We'll check it.

MachForm Founder

Posted 9 years ago #
  4. grahamthomas

Hi yuniar.
    As I have some modified php's in /include I am concerned that this upgrade is going to ruin my existing form.
    In addition I have another website with the form on which I did not initially put the form on the site though I now have access to the form. In this I have no idea of which version was used.
    Also looking through the changes of 17/02/2015 this seem to only effect a small number of files.
    Thus my question is why can you not create an update.exe to just add the new required rather than a complete rebuild.
    Graham.

Posted 9 years ago #
  5. wallahed

Yuniar
    Like @grahamthomas above, we have heavily modified many reports. Before we install the upgrade, please share with me the underlying security issue and then we can decide whether to implement it or not.

Edward

Posted 9 years ago #
  6. yuniar

Hi folks,

The updated files only effect small number of files indeed and I can strongly guess 99% of you won't ever modify those files.
    If you have modified your machform heavily, please contact us directly and we'll send you the specific fix.

At this moment we can't disclose it within public forum yet.

Please contact us:
    http://www.appnitro.com/contact

We'll help and I'm pretty much believe it won't ruin your machform, because the affected files aren't the core files.

MachForm Founder

Posted 9 years ago #
  7. grahamthomas

Hi Yuniar. I have made the request as you advised for instructions to only add the revised files via the contact mail. Graham.

Posted 9 years ago #
  8. yuniar

I've just sent you the files.

MachForm Founder

Posted 9 years ago #
  9. hvcceditor

Hi, Yuniar. I am running MachForm 4.0. Do I need to upgrade to 4.2 before I apply the security release?

Additionally, I have not run an upgrade since initially installing 4.0. How much form downtime should I account for to perform an upgrade, assuming everything goes smoothly?

Thank you!

Posted 9 years ago #
  10. yuniar

The downtime should be around 5-10 minutes, which is happening when you upload and replace the old files.
    You can go ahead directly upgrade to v4.2.3. No need to update to v4.2 first.

MachForm Founder

Posted 9 years ago #
  11. smachform

I think i have install the last update release, but in machform panel , in licence information shows MachForm Version 4.2 and not 4.2.3. Is that normal? how can i check if i have updated successfully?

Posted 9 years ago #
  12. HeuF

Hi smachform,

Did you clean your browser cache?

My installation:

MachForm Version 4.2.3

Posted 9 years ago #
  13. smachform

Yes, i cleaned browser cache. I think that in my members area have only the download file of 4.2 release and not 4.2.3. I will ask to give me the right file.
    Thank you HeuF

Posted 9 years ago #
  14. smachform

I m witing again in case to help other people who also have problems with the upgrade. I don' t know really why i couldn't upgrade to 4.2.3 but i finally did. I guess that the problem was to the adware plugin i had installed on firefox and it couldn't run the script upgrade.php. I run the script on a chrome and runned properly.
    I m not sure if that was my fault but maybe is a solution.
    Machform team could confirm my thought.
    Thank you

Posted 9 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic