This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 3

Transfering forms

1. whdsolutions

I am in control of a website that was built by another company.

They too have used Machform but will not give us the login details to access.

I too use Machform and I was wondering if we could just use the same forms as before on a new install?

What folders do I need to keep from the old install that need to be transferred to the new install?

Posted 8 years ago #
  2. yuniar

The content of your "machform/data" folder needed need to be copied.
    However, more important thing is to copy the backend MySQL database, since all those forms are being stored there.

If you have full control of the website, actually you can take control of the machform.
    Please contact us directly and we'll send you a script to let you take over the main admin account and reset the login.

MachForm Founder

Posted 8 years ago #
  3. seththoenenmissouristateedu

Is there a way to export a form and it's data from one instance of MachForm to another? I've got two instances of MachForm and I need to migrate some forms from one instance to another. Thanks!

Posted 8 years ago #
  4. yuniar

As of version 4.2 or newer, there is option to export/import form easily. Go to your Settings page and you'll find the export/import option

MachForm Founder

Posted 8 years ago #
  5. kurtknapek

Will the import/export option import all data into a newly setup database? Am I able to export all forms at once and then import them all at once?

Posted 8 years ago #
  6. williamansley

@kurtknapek: Unfortunately, to the best of my knowledge, the import/export function just applies to the form itself; it does not include any data or any theme that may be applied to the form. And only one form can be imported/exported at a time. This feature is mainly intended for people who are developing a form in a test instance of Machform (such as a "sandbox web server" running on their local PC) and want to transfer it to their production web server when it is ready. This feature saves them the trouble of having to recreate the form.

Posted 8 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic