This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 4

Suggestion for improvement

1. Amster

Some suggestions if you don't mind:

1) Allow changing of variable: {entry_no} - so that it begins at a number we specify - not the standard "1" - would look more professional to end user who receives confirmation with entry_no listed as reference.

2) Allow us to use hidden fields in logic to create more advanced logic - so for example, the outcome of a three way checkbox could be used to give us a boolean yes/no in a hidden field, which we could then combine with another yes/no question for a more intelligent decision.

3) Allow a simple time form with start/end time, where end time cannot be before start time.

4) Allowing more control over email field. To perhaps say only allow people to enter the prefix to their email address (i.e. everything before the @) and to the right of the input field, we could show @microsoft.com or whatever. Will save users typing in the domain all the time and force everyone to use work email address if mach form is put to use in a work environment.

5) Allow radio buttons to be displayed in rows as opposed to just columns.

6) When using checkboxes, allow a limit on the number of boxes that can be checked? i.e. 3 - and check this on the fly.

7) Talking about on-the-fly checking, how about that for Number input, so it does not allow any number out of the range to be entered?

8) Filing of forms on home screen into folders so we don't have to see them.

9) A loading/submission animation when form is being submitted - so that end users aren't just seeing a blank screen should email server be taking long time to respond.

10) Can't think of 10 right now, but I know it's in the back of my mind somewhere!

Hope to see some of these, thanks.

Posted 9 years ago #
  2. yuniar

Oh wow... thank you for your time writing this. I can't promise you anything but I've read all of them and keep some note. Thanks!

MachForm Founder

Posted 9 years ago #
  3. Amster

Thanks. No Problem. Glad you have taken notice and thanks for confirmation. Number 10 and I won't bother with any more for the moment, is, moving from one field to another when it is populated, especially useful for example with time field... i.e. enter 12 for hours and it automatically tabs to the minutes. Thanks and bye for now.

Posted 9 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic