This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 4

SMTP error mandrill

1. timmaton

Hi there

We're experiencing some problems with email delivery from the form entries and so I'm trying to use a 3rd party SMTP server (mandrill) to send them instead, however I'm still having problems and now the forms aren't sending at all!

I have the following settings setup on the main_settings.php page:

SMTP Server: smtp.mandrillapp.com
    Use Authentication: Yes
    Use TLS/SSL: No (also tried 'Yes')
    SMTP User Name: [my_username]
    SMTP: [my_password]
    SMTP Port: 587

However, when I submit a form I get the following error on screen:

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Swift_TransportException' with message 'Connection could not be established with host smtp.mandrillapp.com [Connection refused #111]' in /home/content/94/8775794/html/machform/lib/swift-mailer/classes/Swift/Transport/StreamBuffer.php:259 Stack trace: #0 /home/content/94/8775794/html/machform/lib/swift-mailer/classes/Swift/Transport/StreamBuffer.php(64): Swift_Transport_StreamBuffer->_establishSocketConnection() #1 /home/content/94/8775794/html/machform/lib/swift-mailer/classes/Swift/Transport/AbstractSmtpTransport.php(115): Swift_Transport_StreamBuffer->initialize(Array) #2 /home/content/94/8775794/html/machform/lib/swift-mailer/classes/Swift/Mailer.php(80): Swift_Transport_AbstractSmtpTransport->start() #3 /home/content/94/8775794/html/machform/includes/helper-functions.php(792): Swift_Mailer->send(Object(Swift_Message)) #4 /home/content/94/8775794/html/machform/includes/post-functions.php(2624): mf_send_notification(Object(PDO), 17928, 732, 'amex@ircorporat...', Array) #5 /home/content/9 in /home/content/94/8775794/html/machform/lib/swift-mailer/classes/Swift/Transport/StreamBuffer.php on line 259

Any help would be greatly appreciated as, we're currently getting complaints from users that they can't submit forms!

Many thanks

Tim

Posted 9 years ago #
  2. yuniar

Based on the error message "Connection could not be established with host smtp.mandrillapp.com" it looks like your server is having trouble to connect to mandrill.

The connection might be blocked by your website hosting provider.
    I suggest to contact your hosting tech support and confirm regarding this. Do they allow connection to mandrill using port 587?

MachForm Founder

Posted 9 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic