This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 2

Session Expires when submitting form

1. stevenbarnes

On my boss's IE browser both at home and in the office, everytime he completes the form he gets a notice telling him his session has expired and to try again.

Thing is I was watching him do it and he did not click back or anything. He opened his browser, went to form and filled it out then gave him the error.

Please help because i love this form and would really love to continue using it.

Posted 15 years ago #
  2. yuniar

What version of IE did you use?

You said "everytime he completes the form" -- so the submission went through the database? or not?

Is there any chance I could try your form? Let me know the URL please. Mail to: customer.service [at] appnitro.com or just post it here.

MachForm Founder

Posted 15 years ago #
  3. CritseyRowe

We are having the same error here with a client and on one of our computers. The session expires every time we hit submit (no data is being submitted). IE 7.0.7530
    This is not great, because clients fill out a lot and then all is lost. I sent an email with the form's address.

Posted 15 years ago #
  4. walags

think the problem is with the reCaptch

i took that off the form and it worked again. maybe reCaptch changed something

Posted 15 years ago #
  5. CritseyRowe

No, no reCAPTCHA activated. Never was ...

Posted 15 years ago #
  6. yuniar

Thank you for all your report.

I've found out that this is the same bug as described here recently:
    http://www.appnitro.com/forums/topic/windows-vista-users-help-testing-this-please?replies=14#post-2020

The solution:
    Edit embed.php and view.php. On line 10 you'll find this code:

session_start();

Right above that line, insert this code:

header("p3p: CP=\"IDC DSP COR ADM DEVi TAIi PSA PSD IVAi IVDi CONi HIS OUR IND CNT\"");

That should solve the session expired issue with IE.

MachForm Founder

Posted 15 years ago #
  7. stevenbarnes

thats works a treat.. thanks

Posted 15 years ago #
  8. Pangdene

I haven't tried IE yet, but I get this problem in Firefox3 and Camino.
    I've tried the above suggestion from Yuniar, but the problem persists; I've tried quitting the browser and re-trying after making the changes, but no joy!

Just to clarify, I'm not using any CAPTCHA, but I am using review option.

Help!

Thanks
    P :)

EDIT: works okay in Safari, but also fails in IE7.. :-(

Posted 15 years ago #
  9. yuniar

Pangdene -- so you have modified both embed.php and view.php ?

If so, can I see your form? Let me know the URL please.
    You can post it here or mail me (yuniar [at] appnitro.com)

Also, check your IE7 setting.
    Go to: Tools -> Internet Options -> Privacy

What's your setting there? The default is "Medium"

MachForm Founder

Posted 15 years ago #
  10. Pangdene

Hi Yuniar,

yes, modified both files.
    I will mail you details shortly with URL.

I can't check IE7 right now, but it fails in IE6 and it has privacy settings at medium.

Thanks,
    P :)

Posted 15 years ago #
  11. yuniar

Just a note, Pangdene problem has been solved.

As a note for others, if you are using the "Advanced Form Code", you'll need to insert the code below:

<?php session_start(); ?>

Put the code above at the beginning of your PHP file where you embed the forms.
    The "Standard Form Code" doesn't need this addition.

MachForm Founder

Posted 15 years ago #
  12. Pangdene

I just wanted to thank Yuniar publicly for helping me!

:)

Posted 15 years ago #
  13. brannonormand

we had this problem wit the latest version when the form was created we didnt add a description to the description field and embedded via advanced code (php) once we found we were having session issues we switched to iFrames (yuk)

we looked at the previous form we created noticed the lack of content above the form so added some via our Proprietary CMS and switched back to advanced code (php) and the session issue went away we also added text to the description field dont if that part had any play with the issue or not but lets hope these methods will help someone else or the Devs to finally track this down also Our CMS already has a session_start() so I wonder why the need for it in the machForms

Posted 12 years ago #
  14. brannonormand

well just got word its STILL timing out the session and we checked our view.php and embed.php and the code from above is already implemented we are getting the issue in IE7, IE8 and IE9 adding the <?php session_start(); ?> to the page gives session already started errors

Posted 12 years ago #
  15. brannonormand

turning off short review fixes this issue but it is definitely a BUG that should be fixed so we can use short review feature

Posted 12 years ago #
  16. yuniar

is this happening when you use the iframe embed code as well?

MachForm Founder

Posted 12 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic