This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 2

Saving takes forever

1. alejandrocordon

With some forms, after clicking on "Save Form", it displays the "Saving ... Please wait ..." message, but then nothing happens. The folder permissions are well set. Any ideas on a solution?

Posted 15 years ago #
  2. yuniar

Hello Alejandro,

Is your PHP running under Safe Mode? If so, you need to turn off Safe Mode.

Otherwise, can I login to your MachForm admin panel to check it?
    Send your machform login to: customer.service [at] appnitro.com
    or submit through: http://www.appnitro.com/support/index.php?pg=request

MachForm Founder

Posted 15 years ago #
  3. yuniar

Just a note, problem solved.
    In this case alejandro is having large form and the script timed out during saving.

The solution, add these lines into the beginning of save.php file:

ini_set("max_execution_time","600");
    ini_set("pcre.backtrack_limit","10000000");

MachForm Founder

Posted 15 years ago #
  4. revfoureleven

I have the same issue, this didn't solve the problem though.

I sent an email to support about this. I tried it a little bit ago and thought it was working again, but then it stopped again, I think it might be due to the file attachment field. I need to add those in and that seems to be when it screws up. And my safe mode is off.

Posted 15 years ago #
  5. yuniar

We got your support request, lets continue there. Most likely we'll need FTP access to investigate this.

MachForm Founder

Posted 15 years ago #
  6. animart

I am having this issue all of a sudden. It is a really large form (260 fields so far and I'm not done). I have about 30 fields that wont save right now (Last successful save at 232 fields)...

I modified the save.php, but it still wont save.

Help! I need to get this form done tonight?!

Posted 15 years ago #
  7. yuniar

Another possible cause of this problem is that you are having session timeout.
    Depends on your hosting configuration, the session timeout value could be varied.

If you are having this problem, try to edit "save.php", search around line 22:

require('includes/check-session.php');

remove this line.

MachForm Founder

Posted 15 years ago #
  8. hanji

I'm having the same problem. I created a form with a single text field. Saving takes forever... not sure if it ever goes away. Going back to 'manage forms' I see the form there. Watching the logs, I see it hit save.php.

This doesn't seem to be a issue with session timeout, script execution time, or safe_mode. My form is 1 field and tiny. Safe mode was on, but I tested it off as well. Same result.

Any ideas where to look? This is on a internal development server at the moment, so I won't be able to provide FTP access, etc.

Thanks!
    hanji

Posted 15 years ago #
  9. ldupuy

The same problem .. i have check :
    safemode off,
    my form has only 1 zone,

thanks,

Laurent

Posted 15 years ago #
  10. ldupuy

Gotcha,

i fix the right of the database user :

grant CREATE,INSERT,DROP,ALTER,DELETE,UPDATE,SELECT on mytable.* to mytable_user@localhost;

have a good day

Posted 15 years ago #
  11. tom472

So as ldupuy says:
    "i fix the right of the database user :
    grant CREATE,INSERT,DROP,ALTER,DELETE,UPDATE,SELECT on mytable.* to mytable_user@localhost;"

I noticed this same issue, slow saving, and "fix" today as well.
    But I wanted to know if this is the only fix.
    One of the reasons I liked MachForm as a product was that reading the install directions it mentioned that the DB user have the rights to "create tables".
    Now I personally try to even leave 'delete' options out of my web apps and leave DB deletes up to a DB specific tool i.e. phpMyAdmin, Navicat, mySQL query browser.
    Now that's just because the user base I deal with are not the brightest.

But to have "DROP" level access needed by the DB user via the Web App seems to be a little drastic. I see this as a potential for possible major data loss if an error were to be made while using form manager.

Any others have thoughts one this?

--Tom

Posted 15 years ago #
  12. yuniar

DROP is needed if you need to have the "Delete Form" function to work. MachForm create separate table for each form.

When you hit the delete form button, machform need to delete your current table. I suppose DROP privilege is totally make sense on this. Otherwise, how can we remove the table?

For best practice, I suggest to create separate mysql user for machform and then set the privileges of this user to have access to your machform database only.

This way, your databases are secure. MachForm can only access its own database. Thus it can only DROP its own tables.

MachForm Founder

Posted 15 years ago #
  13. hanji

"i fix the right of the database user :
    grant CREATE,INSERT,DROP,ALTER,DELETE,UPDATE,SELECT on mytable.* to mytable_user@localhost;"

I too have these permissions but it hangs. The form is created, but it stays stuck on this screen???

hanji

Posted 15 years ago #
  14. hanji

@tom472

"But to have "DROP" level access needed by the DB user via the Web App seems to be a little drastic. I see this as a potential for possible major data loss if an error were to be made while using form manager."

I agree 100%. What I'm looking at doing is creating a separate database for the forms only. My other database that actually powers my site will have restricted permissions.

hanji

Posted 15 years ago #
  15. yuniar

Yes, that's what I'm trying to say above

For best practice, I suggest to create separate
    mysql user for machform and then set the
    privileges of this user to have access to your
    machform database only.

This way, your databases are secure. MachForm can
    only access its own database. Thus it can only
    DROP its own tables.

hanji, if you can't save the form, another possibility is your PHP running under Safe Mode. You need to turn off Safe Mode.

If that's not the case, I'll need to check your machform directly.
    Please send your machform login info to: customer.service [at] appnitro.com

I'll help you there.

MachForm Founder

Posted 15 years ago #
  16. gydesign

I am having the same problem. I tried both solutions above and still get the "Saving...Please wait..."

Posted 14 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic