This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 4

safari chrome reloading page but changes & to &amp in url

1. rocketmedia

I've run into an issue in safari and chrome when you go to a page with a machform JS embed and there are & in the url the page reloads itself but replaces the & in the url with &amp ; which causes the page to break (the site is built in expression engine) further loads of the (correct) url load fine, it seems to be setting a cookies: mf_safari_cookie_fix that once it exists the page doesn't reload/break.

What is this for? I have "fixed" the issue by completely commenting out the js code for //execute safari cookie fix in machform_loader.js but I'm not totally confident that I haven't broken something else by doing this. Any advice/insight would be appreciated.

Posted 9 years ago #
  2. yuniar

The "mf_safari_cookie_fix" is a workaround to allow session when the your form is being embedded from different domain than your page.
    If your form is coming from the same domain but the safari still reloads, try to check into your form code, check the path and make sure it has no "www" difference.

Usually, the main page is located at www.yoursite.com, while the form is loaded from yoursite.com (without "www"), which in turn considered as different domain.

MachForm Founder

Posted 9 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic