This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 4

{resume_url} merge tag not working in Notification email template

1. williamansley

I would like to be able to create an email template to send emails that include the resume url merge tag ({resume_url}), using the feature that lets you email an entry from within the Entry Manager. Specifically, I would like this to work with incomplete entries for a form that has the "save and resume" feature enabled. I have tried using the Notification template for this, but even when I include the merge tag {resume_url} in the template, it just shows up as literal text. (It would be nice to have a special template for emailing entries, by the way). Even though I would like this to work because I am doing something unusual with a form, it think it would be useful just for the purposes of sending the resume URL to people who have lost it, avoiding having to copy the link from the entries manager screen and possibly missing a character or two. Please let me know if my description needs clarification.

Posted 8 years ago #
  2. yuniar

Ahh... this is a bug. I'm putting this into our bug report database. Thank you.

MachForm Founder

Posted 8 years ago #
  3. williamansley

I was hoping that this would be fixed in version 4.7, but it doesn't seem to be. Is is supposed to be fixed in the new version? If not, do you have any estimate of when the fix will be made? This bug is keeping me from completing a project I am working on. It turns out this also doesn't work in the confirmation email template, either, and you can't choose the resume email template from the email entries screen.

Posted 8 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic