This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 3

Responsive/mobile on Android platform?

1. zforray

Just installed and upgraded to 3.4 but when I tried the form I am currently working on (I have posted 3-question and none have had responses) on my Android phone, it is not mobile/responsive? What am I missing? Page is here:

http://swiftcreekbaptist.org/Ministries/Adult/Womens/Funshops/

Posted 11 years ago #
  2. zforray

FWIW, tried with both Firefox beta and built-in. With Firefox, it does seem to make some effort in making it mobile/larger text but that could simply be Firefox. Using the built-in browser, it makes no effort at all - simply displays desktop form/page.

Posted 11 years ago #
  3. nigelp

Does not work with Chrome beta or Dolphin browser either. Androids a funny beast, I have all sorts of issues with it and responsive design!!

Nigel

Posted 11 years ago #
  4. zforray

Really depends on the coding/detection process. I go to lots of sites on my Android phone and they become responsive as they should. I have used a slideshow program that was supposed to be "responsive" but unfortunately they did not update their code and the last Android version they detected was 2.x (didn't work on some updated iPhones or iPadseither)

Posted 11 years ago #
  5. yuniar

When the form is being embedded into your existing page (either using PHP embed code or Javascript) it will follow the style of the page, including the viewport detection/responsiveness.

If your main page is responsive and able to display mobile-friendly layout, then the form should be displayed correctly.
    Otherwise, it won't be displayed into mobile-friendly mode.

I see that your existing page is not responsive, hence the problem.

Try to access your form using the direct URL:
    http://forms.swiftcreekbaptist.org/view.php?id=16051

It should be displayed correctly if you are using Android or iPhone.
    Alternatively, you can use the "PHP Form File" option to access your form using different URL.

MachForm Founder

Posted 11 years ago #
  6. zforray

I kinda thought it might have something to do with my shell that is wrapped around each page. I guess I will need to get some kind of code that detects it is a mobile device and then load a different page that doesn't get my wrapper.

Since I am not a PHP person (know enough to be dangerous and can figure out most of what is going on), what is the difference between the "PHP Form File" and "PHP Embed" code?

Posted 11 years ago #
  7. yuniar

The "PHP Form File" provides a full code to display the form. It will generate the whole complete HTML tag for a web page (including the detection code).

While the PHP embed code only provide portion of it (only the form). You are expected to have an existing page template already and then simply insert the php embed code into your template.

MachForm Founder

Posted 11 years ago #
  8. katherinewatson

Hi,

I have a question. We are using our web site to mobi-friendly but when I go to the page where we have our form for people to sign up, everything on the form does not show up. The script (security code) at the bottom of the sign up form does not show up, the total amount at the bottom of the page does not show up, the submit button at the bottom of the page does not show up on my smartphone. How do we correct it so all the information on our form shows up so people and sign up with their phones?

Thanks, Kathy

Posted 9 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic