This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 4

Reset survey count

1. terrymatthews

Made a survey. Tried several demo entries. Deleted these entries. Now I would like to set the entry counter to 0 again. How is this done?
    Thanks

Posted 8 years ago #
  2. williamansley

@terrymatthews: There are two possible ways to do this. If you have access to the Machform database, you can edit it directly (with SQL commands or MyPHPAdmin, for example). It's fairly obvious what you need to change, but if you want to try this and need help, post a question; I can't remember well enough to tell you exactly what to look for off the top of my head.

The "easy" way is to duplicate the form. (This is the only way to do it if you can't edit the database.) This creates a new form with no entries and resets the entry counter. If you use this method, be aware that this new form will have a new URL, so if you have already set up a method for your users to access this form on a website, you will have to edit the site to use the new form.

Posted 8 years ago #
  3. yuniar

terrymatthews -- what is your machform version? If you're using v4.4, we've just added a new feature to let you easily reset this number (to be included within next update)

I can send you the patch files for this functionality. Please contact me directly:
    http://www.appnitro.com/contact

MachForm Founder

Posted 8 years ago #
  4. williamansley

Someone pinch me, I must be dreaming! So many features I have asked for are being added to Machform lately!

Yuniar, what are the implications for entries already in the form when the count is reset? (Assuming the default behavior that deleted fields are still in the database, but marked as deleted so they aren't shown.) Will the entries be left in place and be overwritten one by one as new entries are added starting at "position" 1? Or will they all be deleted immediately? Or is there a third alternative?

Posted 8 years ago #
  5. yuniar

The option to reset entries number will only appear once you've deleted all entries. On the backend side, all records will be deleted permanently.

MachForm Founder

Posted 8 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic