This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 3

Required fields need retyping after an error

1. tm2000

Hi,

I have a multi-page form in V3.5 which works fine, but if the user submits the form without filling ALL the required fields, it shows the errors fine - but the required fields that HAVE been completed are grey - once all fields are filled, the original ones that are now grey show an error.

See below:
    http://www.equatorworldwide.co.uk/machform/view.php?id=18003

I have tested in Firefox AND Chrome - does the same with both - any ideas?

Posted 8 years ago #
  2. AMurray
    Pro Member

I see what you mean. If you fill in 4 of the 5 fields, and miss one, that comes up as "field is required", but then if you fill that in and resubmit, the whole lot say "field required".

I think in the past the whole form resets and the fields are supposed to be blank (not the ideal way, you would expect it would let you just fill in the missing field and submit from there but it forces you to re-fill the whole form.

Unfortunately I don't have the solution

Suggest you contact Appnitro directly, they will response within a business day (their time, GMT +7:00)

http://www.appnitro.com/contact

Posted 8 years ago #
  3. nsvteam

I am having the exact issue and looking for a solution. Can someone please help! Thanks

I am on v4.5!

Posted 8 years ago #
  4. redityo

Hi,

We test the form and it seems normal, after the error shows, you only need to fill the required field ( not all field).
    If you still getting this problem, could you send us your machform login info to customer.service[at]appnitro.com

We need to investigate this problem further.

MachForm Support

Posted 8 years ago #
  5. nsvteam

Hi redityo,

I emailed support regarding this issue a 1-2 days ago, would appreciate if you can look into this.

I've provided screencast video + the URL to the form.

Thank you.

Posted 8 years ago #
  6. yuniar

Just a note regarding the issue described by tm2000 above. We found out some custom code within view-functions.php file that caused the issue, particularly the custom code to enable "placeholder" attribute. If you're using v4.4 or above, no need to do custom code any longer to use the placeholder attribute.

MachForm Founder

Posted 8 years ago #
  7. nsvteam

Hi yuniar,

Unfortunately, I am already on v4.5 and I am still having that issue.

I already sent you a screencast and live URL for the form I created. Please advise. Thanks.

Posted 8 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic