This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 4

[REQUEST] Some kind of auto-fill and/or auto-complete function for selected form

1. MvdL79

Hi Yuniar,

This was asked by someone else in the past, but I would really appreciate it if this could be added somehow.

One of our forms is being used for ordering domains. We have several (about 30) customers who use these forms for ordering domains.
    With Machform every time to place an order they have to fill in their name, company name, address details, phone number, fax number, emailaddress, etc. over and over again on every new form they are submitting.

Is there a way to make Machform remember the details, from certain/selected input fields, of the previous submission done by that person / or company, so they are automatically filled in or populated? Maybe through a toggle option in the Machform control panel for that field. Something like 'Required, No Duplicates, Read Only' options under rules of field.

I know you can "easily" select previous entered values in a field by selecting it and than use the arrow keys, however this is still a lot work according to our customers (and you understand customer is king and therefor we listen to them). Especially when they are submitting multiple forms a day (anywhere between 10 - 50 a day).

The current forms we use on our main website are/were create in Joomla and there it does actually auto-populare the important fields like;

- name
    - company name
    - address
    - phone and fax numbers
    - email address

...and so on.

I think the best and easiest way to implement this is by using a cookie or through Javascript. And by adding a new option in the 'rules' section for fields, so you can toggle (on or off) this remember function.

In the meantime I will continue building our forms for our new website, however I would really like to consider this function. Maybe some other people might find this feature also useful. If it can be stored by a cookies, or maybe even through Javascript, I don't think it's a lot of work to code this in, but then again; I am by no means a scripter or developer.

Please let me know what you think about this. It will save us from losing customers when we switch from the Joomla-based website (including forms) to our newly designed (in Bootstrap) website with Machform.

Regards,
    Michel

Posted 8 years ago #
  2. williamansley

I could really use this feature as well. And I am sure that many more people want this, based on many messages posted to this forum over the years I have been reading it regularly.

Posted 8 years ago #
  3. MvdL79

Thank you for supporting this williamansley. Highly appreciated.

I hope Yuniar will be able to include this. Losing customers, because they have to fill in several fields (name, company name, address, phone, fax, email, IBAN, etc.) over and over again for each form, is not something I wish for.

I understand that not everyone will benefit from this obviously. If you have just a few forms, which are filled in a couple of times a week, by different people, it will make no impact for them, but for us (at least) it really does. And we don't really want to lose customers of this.

Thank you!

Posted 8 years ago #
  4. MvdL79

* small bump (to keep Yuniar's attention *

Posted 8 years ago #
  5. yuniar

Thank you for your request. I can't promise you anything yet but I've noted your request and will consider it further.
    As always, if anyone else think this will be useful, please post your vote here.

MachForm Founder

Posted 8 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic