This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 3

Recover Login Details

1. webgineering

Is there any way to retrieve admin panel login details for a machform installation?

I have already checked the in the config.php, this only gives the sql database login details.

Will I need to look in the sql db?

Any help gratefully appreciated
    Stephen, Webgineering.

Posted 10 years ago #
  2. AMurray
    Pro Member

Forgive me for stating the obvious: Click the I forgot my password check box (bottom right of the log on panel).

You can see it here in the demo: http://www.appnitro.com/demo/ - the check box at the bottom right "I forgot my password".

Click the checkbox, it asks for your email address and sends you a new password.

Your MF admin password was never stored in config.php and in the database it is of course encrypted.

What version are you using? The forgot password feature has been around for a while now.

Posted 10 years ago #
  3. MXZRXP

what if you lost memory of which email address was used ??

how do you find that one ?

thx!

Posted 9 years ago #
  4. williamansley

I think you will need to contact Appnitro directly for help with this:

http://www.appnitro.com/contact

Good luck!

Posted 9 years ago #
  5. AMurray
    Pro Member

If you use phpMyAdmin, you can find the email address for the user in the "users" table in the MF database. Then you can do the password retrieval the normal way.

2nd method (not recommended if you are not sure what you are doing),

You can update the password in the database - (edit the table and user record, type in the new password (plain English) in the "password" column/field, re-saving it will encrypt it using MD5 or equivalent method).

Posted 9 years ago #
  6. yuniar

If you guys forgot both the email and password, you can contact us and we'll send you a reset script. Basically it will do what AMurray described above (reset the database).

MachForm Founder

Posted 9 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic