This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 4

Problems Saving Form

1. vickiwatson

I've had this problem off and on. When adding items in a checkbox group, when I go to save the form, sometimes it saves, but often not - very frustrating.

Save on bulk insert almost never works.

When I add each item manually that usually but not always works.

Sometimes I even try to add one item, save, add the next item, save again, but even that doesn't always work.

It doesn't seem like there could be a problem with my host/server if it works sometimes and not others.

Posted 9 years ago #
  2. yuniar

There is a new default setting introduced since PHP 5.3.x that could cause this issue (previous versions won't affected). The setting called "max_input_vars" and set a certain limit that affect the bulk import functionality.

To prevent this from happening again in the future, you'll need to edit the PHP configuration file (php.ini) on your server and set this value:

max_input_vars = 5000

That should increase the limit from the default (the default is 1000).

MachForm Founder

Posted 9 years ago #
  3. loetv

Hello Yuniar, I have the same problem the 5000 max input didnĀ“t work !,
    Does it have to be with the number of entries or fields ?

Posted 9 years ago #
  4. yuniar

loetv -- if you have the "max_input_vars" already being set and still getting the problem, then most likely your server is having "mod security" filter. You'll need to contact your server administrator and ask him to exclude your machform folder from the mod security filter.

In some cases, you can disable the mod security filter by adding ".htaccess" file into your machform folder and put these lines into the file:

SecFilterEngine Off
    SecFilterScanPOST Off

MachForm Founder

Posted 9 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic