This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 2

Possible to send message as an attachment?

1. MvdL79

Hi Yuniar,

How are you and how is the new version of Machform coming along?

I have a question; as you know we use Machform to send out welcome letters to our customers with their account information and such.

However the problem is, most of the welcome letters are marked as spam. This results in that most client never receive their welcome letters or domainname registration confirmation's.

As you might understand this is pretty annoying. I think the template, for example the welcome letter uses to many small graphics and several words are probably marked as spam.

However I think their might be a way around this. Not sure if it will work or even if it's possible, but is it possible to send the welcome letter (with all account details, which we fill in through Machform, our own personal form to create welcome letters on the fly) as an attachment, along with a general message? Most probably it won't be marked as spam and clients will notice it.

Please advice. If you need more information or access let me know.

Regards,
    Michel

Posted 12 years ago #
  2. yuniar

Hi Michel,

We're pushing hard to get version 3 as soon as possible. It's been a while indeed, but we really revamped the whole thing.

Regarding the spam, there are many factors for this. One is the content of the email itself and the other is the server which send your email. You need to make sure that your server ip address is not being blacklisted by the spam list database. Also, if possible, I suggest to implement SPF and DKIM to get pass through the spam filter.

As for attachment itself, I'm not sure if this could bypass the spam filter or not. However, you will need to do pretty much customization for this. I suggest to hire a programmer to do this.

MachForm Founder

Posted 12 years ago #
  3. MvdL79

Okay cool. Looking forward to see the new Machform in action when it comes out. :)

I know SPF, however that depends on the customer who receives the email as well right? Or am I incorrect here?

Never heard of DKIM though.

By coincidence a customer emailed used the spam results:

Content analysis details: (6.5 points, 5.0 required)

pts rule name description
    ---- ---------------------- --------------------------------------------------
    0.1 NORMAL_HTTP_TO_IP URI: Uses a dotted-decimal IP address in URL
    1.6 WEIRD_PORT URI: Uses non-standard port number for HTTP
    0.0 HTML_MESSAGE BODY: HTML included in message
    2.3 MIME_HTML_ONLY BODY: Message only has text/html MIME parts
    2.4 DRUGS_ERECTILE Refers to an erectile drug
    0.1 RDNS_NONE Delivered to trusted network by a host with no rDNS

Especially the WEIRD_PORT, MIME_HTML_ONLY and DRUGS_ETECTILE are the biggest problems. I think the last part is a real problem which cannot be solved, most probably it's a Dutch word which make it score / see it like that... The welcome emails are pretty big, so it's like finding a needle in a haystack. :(

Any ideas Yuniar?

//update

After searching the whole welcom letter I found the little bugger which set off the "DRUGS_ERECTILE" score. So that is changed and now doesn't score anything on that part.

However there is one big problem:
    2.3 MIME_HTML_ONLY BODY: Message only has text/html MIME parts

That one scores pretty high. Now I noticed we have an option in Machform called "Send emails in simple text format".

However if I enable that, our HTML version won't be send, right? Is there a way to enable them both? Or do you know a different solution?

The other scores aren't a problem though, especially without DRUGS_ERECTILE and (hopefully) without MIME_HTML_ONLY.

Please advice Yuniar. Thanks.

Posted 12 years ago #
  4. yuniar

Hi Michel,

It is possible to send both content (HTML and text). The text will be set as the alternative body.
    You can send me your "includes/helper-functions.php" file and I'll help you with this.

Please mail to: customer.service [at] appnitro.com

MachForm Founder

Posted 12 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic