This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 4

Populate excel or word template from form entries

1. dbarish

Hi Yuniar,

is there a way to populate some of the data from a submitted form into a word or excel template each time a form is submitted from my site? Would I need to do this using a Msyql database? When I receive the form info with name, dates, locations for rentals, I currently copy/paste/type the info from the email form submission into an existing word document. I'd like to streamline this more.

thank you,
    David

Posted 9 years ago #
  2. yuniar

Hi David,

I'm afraid there is no built-in functionality to do this. Sorry.
    You'll need to have a script that able to populate the data into your word/excel file and then setup your form to send the data to that script (using the webhook feature).

MachForm Founder

Posted 9 years ago #
  3. dbarish

ok thanks Yuniar!

Posted 9 years ago #
  4. webmerge

If you'd like to generate customized PDF, Word, Excel, or PowerPoint documents from your form entries, you can use a service called WebMerge. Here's an article that outlines how to generate an invoice: https://www.webmerge.me/blog/populate-a-customized-pdf-invoice-from-machform

Each form you setup can be attached to a unique document/template and it can be emailed, sent to cloud storage like Box or Dropbox, or even sent for e-signature with services like DocuSign or CudaSign.

Posted 8 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic