This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 4

Populate dropdowns via AJAX

1. offcourse

Hi

We need to dynamically populate some dropdowns via ajax that have a very specific logic and data. (instead of values inserted using the form builder).

This is easily achievable using JavasScript but apparently the form doesn't save this data that we add to the forms. Is this intended behavior and is there any way around this?

Notes: URL parameters are simply not enough, we need dropdowns with thousands of records from our own servers.

Posted 8 years ago #
  2. yuniar

I'm afraid you'll also need to customize the backend PHP code that saves your form data.
    Simply modifying the front-end dropdown won't work.

MachForm Founder

Posted 8 years ago #
  3. noahlocke

We've done this successfully. The PHP that builds the form on page load requests data from our API that we built when a given dropdown menu is flagged as such. Hit me up if you want to see the code.

Posted 8 years ago #
  4. williamansley

@noahlocke: I am very interested in seeing your code for this. Please contact me at william[dot]ansley[at]sunyorange[dot]edu. BTW, I clicked on your username in this forum, hoping to see contact info, but instead was taken to a log in screen. I'm not sure if that was what you intended.

Posted 8 years ago #
  5. offcourse

@noahlocke, I would very much like to get a look at your code and see if we can implement that. Can you drop me a line at mariorui[at]oninet.pt?

Many thanks.

Posted 8 years ago #
  6. gilperetz

@noahlocke, I love to see this code. gil[at]sherut[dot]net

Posted 8 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic