This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 2

Please help a noob...

1. mrdrennan

Hey guys and gals...

First off, admittedly I have no experience with PHP. Machform seems to be a perfect solution for what I need but the drag and drop interface feels like a long ways off since I can't get it installed. Here's what I've done so far, please tell me where I'm off track.

I created a database inside of my server at GoDaddy.com. I did this by going to the "Databases" tab under "My Hosting Account" and creating a new MYSQL database. I named it, usernamed it, and password protected it.

Next, I opened the config file as instructed in an html editor. This is where my first big question comes in. I entered info as I thought needed be done, but I have no experience so I don't know if I did it right. Basically, I entered the appropriate usernames, passwords, etc between the apostrophes. Is this correct? For example;
    define('DB_PASSWORD', 'xxxxxx')-where "xxxxxx" is my password, exactly as I entered it when I created the above MYSQL database on the server. I followed suit for the other entries.

After renaming config.php, I dragged the entire Machform folder into Fetch and it uploaded it to my server on GoDaddy.com. By default, it did not seem to place it in my site folder but rather in the highest parent directory available.

I found my way to the data file in Machform and using the "permissions" tab, made sure that it was readable and writeable by the administrator (correct?)

Lastly, when it says to run the installer script inside my browser, I'm stumped. I have no idea how to do this. I can see the installer script in my server's file system, but I have no clue how to run that. Can anyone out there who is very patient step me through this? As I said, my host is GoDaddy.com and I simply want to be able to use the forms on a singular page of my website. Please HELP!!!!

Posted 14 years ago #
  2. redityo

Hi,

You already do it correctly ...
    After you upload the file to web server you can run the installer by accessing the url from your internet browser like this :

http://www.yourdomainname.com/machform_folder/installer.php

then follow the next instruction in the screen and the last steps is delete your "installer.php" file.

MachForm Support

Posted 14 years ago #
  3. debra

What do you do to fix an error after doing the above instructions?

The pre installation check:

1) PHP Version >= 4.3.0;
    2) MySQL Version >= 4.1.0 (Bluehost mySQL is 5.0.81 verison)
    2) Correct User and Password for MySQLAccess denied for user 'Forms'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
    3) Establishing a Connection to Database [machform]Unable to connect to MySQL
    4) Writable Data Folder [./data]

What am I not doing? Your help is greatly appreciated!

Posted 14 years ago #
  4. alvordr

It's hard to say from that, but my guess is that your database user name and/or password is/are incorrect. I was certain I had mine right, but then recreated the user account and tried again and it worked for me.

Posted 14 years ago #
  5. debra

Thank you. I got it to work. Now I need to cancel my free installation ticket!

Posted 14 years ago #
  6. johnwarner

also have little experience but I feel I followed everything correctly
    when entering url with correct domain and folder I get "no input file specified"

Posted 9 years ago #
  7. yuniar

Hi john -- most likely, the files aren't uploaded into the correct folder.
    Make sure they are uploaded into your correct website folder. Usually the name of the folder is "public_html" or "httpdocs" or something similar.

MachForm Founder

Posted 9 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic