This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » News & Announcement

[closed] [OFFICIAL] Version 3 Beta - New Features Coming!

1. moshin

I haven't received anything related to the BETA testing on my email. Please check it.

Posted 12 years ago #
  2. zforray

Any chance the UPLOAD function could include a DOWNLOAD feature? I have a really need for one-upload to few/many download of files that are too large for most email/attachment limitations (i.e. 20MB). Right now someone sends me the file via shared DropBox and I manually FTP to a location that other folks can access via another simple PHP app.

Posted 12 years ago #
  3. leondegenaars

Hi, I haven't seen an acknowledgement as beta tester? Do you normally confirm via email?

regards

Leon

Posted 12 years ago #
  4. yuniar

Stay tuned guys! we're packing and cleaning up stuff.
    The invitation email should be sent next week!

zforray -- v3 does generate unique and secured download link for each file upload. So yes you can create a form with file upload field, and then set the form result to be sent to folks you would like to share with.

They will be able to download the files by clicking the download links.

MachForm Founder

Posted 12 years ago #
  5. trevorpierce

Hi,

Will it be possible to have a NON Admin user download the attached files by using another user account?

I'm testing a form but to get the attached document you need to login as admin. I don't want my users to be me so is there a way to allow them to download the attachments without being and admin?

Thanks

By the way V3 looks great!

Trevor

Posted 12 years ago #
  6. yuniar

Trevor -- yes, this is exactly what I meant with my post above :-)

The download links now being generated with some random hash keys, so that another people could download it without logging in to machform admin panel.

MachForm Founder

Posted 12 years ago #
  7. djones

Yes, Yuniar would love to be on your Beta test list.

Posted 12 years ago #
  8. radixbv

love 2 be beta tester as we bough it in november and need to implement it on different sites

Posted 12 years ago #
  9. Veriotech

yuniar - if you still have room for another beta tester, I would like to help.

Posted 12 years ago #
  10. abdielsax

Nice! I wanna be a beta tester too! I'm using v2 right now and love it!

Posted 12 years ago #
  11. yuniar

15. Improved Entry Manager

If you have collected lot of data with your forms, you will love the new entry manager! The new entry manager now allows you to:

- Search/Filter all entries based on conditions you choose. The filter will be saved, so the next time you open the entry manager, you will get all the entries filtered already!
    - Sort entries by any fields (also being saved).
    - Export all or selected entries

Below is the screenshot of the filtering window, where you set the filter conditions:

MachForm Founder

Posted 12 years ago #
  12. yuniar

16. New Embed Codes

Beside the standard iframe code to embed the form into your web page, MachForm now provides you with Javascript code to insert your form. It is basically the same as the iframe code but it works LOT better because it's automatically adjust the height of the iframe based on the length of your form, thus your customers won't notice that the form is actually inside an iframe!

This functionality works across different domains, thanks to the new feature provided by HTML5, and supported by all modern browsers.

An option to download the form as a PHP file is also provided! So you can now simply download the PHP file, rename it to any name you want and upload it into your website (the website must be within the same server as your machform installation).

MachForm Founder

Posted 12 years ago #
  13. yuniar

17. Multi Columns Checkboxes/Choices

If you have a multiple choice field or checkboxes field with lot of options, you can now easily set the number of columns to display those options. No need to manually editing CSS file again. Simply choose from a dropdown :-)

the field properties:

the result:

MachForm Founder

Posted 12 years ago #
  14. mattdisher

Looks totally awesome, I'd be interested in participating in the beta.

Posted 12 years ago #
  15. moshin

That Javascript code is awsome. It's great to see that the iframe issue will be sorted in v3.

Posted 12 years ago #
  16. jpello

I'd love to be a beta tester!

Posted 12 years ago #
  17. zforray

Yuniar,

Thanks for the expanded UPLOAD/DOWNLOAD functionality. It will solve lots of issues I have had with distributing large files.

Everything looks great - well worth the wait! Looking forwards to the beta.

Posted 12 years ago #
  18. ashworthconsulting

When processing payments, will we need to be running SSL? I assume yes, but wanted to check. Also curious if yes, then can we have some forms submit through SSL and others not through SSL, since the performance of page loads under SSL is slower. Most forms will not require the use of SSL certificate.

Getting close! Can't want to test out v3!! Thanks.

Posted 12 years ago #
  19. Jeffy

I believe the payments are to be done via the PayPal API for now? If so, likely the payment form will be separate, and hosted on paypal, so it will be SSL anyways. Correct me if I am wrong, though.

Posted 12 years ago #
  20. yuniar

ashworthconsulting -- Currently only PayPal Standard supported, which means that the payment process is being done on PayPal server directly. So you won't need to have SSL installed.

Later when more payment processor being added (such as Authorize.net or PayPal Pro) you will need to have SSL installed, since you will be collecting the credit card information on your own server.

MachForm Founder

Posted 12 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.