This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » News & Announcement

[closed] [OFFICIAL] Version 3 Beta - New Features Coming!

1. dstrom

I would also like to be added as a beta tester. Am very excited with Version 3's new features as described. Thank you.

Posted 12 years ago #
  2. yuniar

10. Resume Form Submission

Having your clients to fill out a large form is never fun, since most people hate filling out large form. One way to reduce the pain is by splitting the form into multipage form, which make it look smaller to fill out.

Within v3 of MachForm, beside the multipage form functionality, we added one more feature to increase the submission rate of your form. You can now allow your clients to save their form and resume later at any time they want.

When they choose to save their form, a special link will be sent to their email and they will be able to resume their submission by clicking the link. There is no time limit or saving limit, so they can save and resume as often as they need it.

Below is a screenshot of a form having this feature enabled:

The resume link being displayed after clicking the save button:

MachForm Founder

Posted 12 years ago #
  3. alevel18

I must say, these new features are much needed. What you have done here is amazing! Keep up the good work. It is much appreciated.

Posted 12 years ago #
  4. frato

Please add me to your beta tester list.

One question regarding your big Machform update, do you have any plan on adding other language support (both for the forms and for the admin) ? That would be really (I mean REALLY) great :)

Posted 12 years ago #
  5. jrsmith

I love what you have done to the product. Is the admin interface going to allow multiple users and allow them to see just thier forms? Thank you for the updates. This is very exciting to see.

Posted 12 years ago #
  6. leondegenaars

Hi, can you please add me to the list of BETA users?
    It looks that this version will be perfect for the Sailing Club I am a member of for their Racing entry's
    regards

Leon

Posted 12 years ago #
  7. Mahumba

I own a fishing site and to be able to take entries online with a payment option in the form would be great!

I just purchased machform a couple of days ago. It was a fairly easy install on my end (other than server side permissions rolling back to 755 when I needed the data folder to remain at 777 but got that fixed)

I would be really interested in this new version.

Roger

Posted 12 years ago #
  8. jmwoods78

I use machform everyday on a few sites and I love it how it is. I can't wait to start using some of the new features. Great Job! I would love help beta test if you're still accepting people.

Posted 12 years ago #
  9. tomo

Hi Yuniar,
    these features are so awesome, can't wait till release! Please add me to the beta tester crew.

Posted 12 years ago #
  10. oleszah

Please add me to the beta list.

I see this will be great for all the event registration I do with paypal.
    And cant wait for the multiple page forms.

Posted 12 years ago #
  11. lamina

Hi, Yunar, the information about V3 looks very very interesting and I would very much like to be a beta tester. Please add me!
    Also, has the new version the ability to easily add the URL to the form of the webpage where the form was submitted? I had to add code like this to V2 :

$element[$j]->default_value = $_SERVER['HTTP_REFERER'];

in the "includes/view-functions.php" file.
    Regards
    Richard

Posted 12 years ago #
  12. yuniar

Richard -- sorry, v3 doesn't have that functionality. You can do the same modification though, that particular code is not being changed.

We're still accepting beta tester until the end of this week. If you have friends which might be interested with MachForm, let them know! :-)

MachForm Founder

Posted 12 years ago #
  13. yuniar

11. Better Calendar

We've added a bunch of new functionalities into the existing calendar field. The new calendar allows you to do the following:

- Enable minimum and/or maximum dates
    - Enable date selection limit. This is useful for reservation or booking form, so that you could allocate each day for a maximum number of customers.
    - Disable all past or future dates
    - Disable specific dates

Below is the screenshot of the calendar with some dates being disabled:

screenshot of the calendar properties:

MachForm Founder

Posted 12 years ago #
  14. yuniar

12. Range Validation

Single Line Text, Number and Paragraph fields now support range validation. You can limit the amount of characters typed to be between certain characters or words, or between certain values in the case of number field.

MachForm Founder

Posted 12 years ago #
  15. yuniar

13. Improved Multiple Choice/Checkboxes Field

You can now enable an option to allow your client to write his own answer if none of the choices are applicable. A text field will be added to the last choice.

Adding choices also lot easier now, thanks to the new "bulk insert choices" option:

MachForm Founder

Posted 12 years ago #
  16. yuniar

14. New Name Fields

There are 4 complete set of name fields now :-)

MachForm Founder

Posted 12 years ago #
  17. machfan12

awesome...can't wait to use it...

Posted 12 years ago #
  18. moshin

I just love the SAVE FORM feature. To make even better I would just put a "email me this link" button.

Just my idea

Posted 12 years ago #
  19. Jeffy

Hello, I sent you a message via the contact form. My one suggestion is this: (I can do this for you or write a patch for it) "Make a license validator" so people do not steal the software. Rather than having "Enter your License Key" on install or in the admin panel, have the installation REQUIRE to check a file on one of your servers and submit information regarding the install. (User enters license key, machform does an "include" of a PHP file on your server, (which is the "missing piece of the puzzle" for it to run) so make it hard to guess. I can't really explain it, but it would be done in a way that prevents people from just deleting that verification part out of the source code. Not sure how it would work for servers without access to the internet though.

Posted 12 years ago #
  20. LisaA

I'm interested in Beta Testing as well. If you're looking for more testers, please let me know.

Posted 12 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.