This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 4

Notification of updated Machform files (bug fixes)

1. williamansley

@Yuniar: How can we tell if the files for a given 4.x release of Machform have been updated? At least two bugs in version 4.4 have been reported that have been confirmed by you. In each case you have also said you will apply the fixes to the Machform files, but when I look in the Members' Area, I see the "last updated" date for v. 4.4 is still June 4:

MachForm 4.4 – Last Updated: June 4, 2015

Have the installer files been updated yet? Do you update the date on the members page download area when you update the files: always, sometimes, never? It would be very nice if you would adopt standard industry practice and use 4.4.x dot releases for each new set of installer files every time you modify the code to fix bugs.

Posted 8 years ago #
  2. Steve1951

Hello William - We last addressed this about two years ago in the following thread. I'm a strong advocate of minor dot releases when any file is changed.

http://www.appnitro.com/forums/topic/question-about-patching-procedures?replies=7

Posted 8 years ago #
  3. williamansley

@Steve1951: Thank you very much for helping me out with the reminder, since my memory is obviously completely shot.

@Yuniar: Having reviewed your previous reply to a similar question I asked a while ago, and seeing that your position is to not use minor dot releases, could you please at least reconsider changing the "last updated" date stamp when you change the Machform installer files. I find it hard to believe that this would scare people away from downloading the files just because they were more recent; I doubt most people would notice the date had changed. But, for those of us who want to keep track, having a reliable "last updated" date stamp would be extremely helpful and save us a lot of time.

Posted 8 years ago #
  4. yuniar

The "Last Update" date on member area is always being updated when we do any kind of update.

MachForm Founder

Posted 8 years ago #
  5. williamansley

Does that mean you haven't updated the files for version 4.4 yet?

Posted 8 years ago #
  6. yuniar

No, not yet. Based on past experiences, we expect to receive several bug reports within a month or so after releasing a new update.
    Unless there is critical bug, we prefer to wait a bit and release the update all at once, containing the fix for those bugs.

MachForm Founder

Posted 8 years ago #
  7. williamansley

OK< that's fine. I just had formed the mistaken impression that you had updated the files without changing the date. My apologies!

Posted 8 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic