This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 2

Not Recieving Email - Go Daddy Hosting

1. Arron

I set up everything correctly on my server for machforms. I setup the smtp server information in the config.php file and Im still not getting anything. Not sure what to do. I tested a php file to make sure I would get an email, and I did. So not sure why this isnt working. Any help would be great. Thanks!

Posted 13 years ago #
  2. yuniar

Are you using "relay-hosting.secureserver.net" already? I think that is the SMTP server for GoDaddy hosting.

Also, make sure to check into your Spam folder.

One thing we noticed, GoDaddy seems to have some delay to send the email.
    It could be 15 minutes or even an hour on some cases.

MachForm Founder

Posted 13 years ago #
  3. Arron

Yes ive included that smtp server and still nothing. Hmmm. I would love some assistance in setting this up. I purchased this for use for one of my clients and its not working. But if it did would be the perfect solution! Can I send you anything to help you help me?

Posted 13 years ago #
  4. yuniar

Is it possible for us to have temporary FTP login to your site? We'll check it directly.
    Please send the login info to: customer.service [at] appnitro.com

MachForm Founder

Posted 13 years ago #
  5. Arron

Ok I sent the information in this morning.

Posted 13 years ago #
  6. redityo

we've got your email, let's continue there..

MachForm Support

Posted 13 years ago #
  7. Arron

Ok, I think i figured it out. I put the "machform" folder in the root area of the hosting server instead of inside of folder that I had designated for forms. I was able to disable smtp in the config.php file and it did work. However! New problem. Im not getting my emails consistently. I tried with and withou smtp in the config.php file and still nothing. I'm guessing it has to do with godaddy. But if you (or anyone for that matter) have any information as to why this would be the case. Please let me know.

Posted 13 years ago #
  8. Arron

!! ok I figured it out !!
    I disabled my recaptcha entry on my form and sent three consecutive emails. Got all three in a very timely manner. So went back into recaptcha and assigned new keys to this main domain and enabled recaptcha again on my form. Sent three more emails..and got all of them. Everything is working.
    BASICALLY FOR GO DADDY USERS FOLLOW THESE STEPS AND YOU SHOULD HAVE NO PROBLEMS :

1. Setup your database on your godaddy server (MSQL)

2. Upload your purchased "machform" folder to the main ROOT of your server. (do not put it in another folder must be in the "root" area.

3. run your installer.php file in the machform folder from your browser (ex: http://www.yourdomain.com/machform/installer.php

4. after that setup your config.php file by opening it in dreamweaver or notepad etc.

5. Add your MSQL information from your database you set up on godaddy.

6. Set up your Admin user and password (for your machforms login)

7. Enter your reCAPTCHA keys for the domain that your root folder is on. Not any subdomains. (this is what I believe caused the inconsistencies in not receiving emails)

8. Set SMTP setting to "true" (can try with false, but this worked for me) and make sure to put relay-hosting.secureserver.net as your SMTP HOST. Port 25 worked for me but according to godaddy 80 and 3535 should work too. They did advise that 25 usually works. I left SMTP AUTH to false as it didnt seem to need it.

9. Set your notification mail "from" section to an actual email address. Do not leave it blank. (Tried it blank and didnt get emails. Might have been from godaddy smtp filters or something not sure. Put it back in and it worked consistently).
    The email address I used was a purchased godaddy email address with my domain after it. You normally get 250 relays a day with godaddy, but if you need more..then you can purchase it. You can try a google or yahoo email. Im sure it will work didnt try.

10. Save and replace the config.php on your machform folder that is in your root area.

11. Then go in and make your forms. After you are done. go to "emails" in your form manager and enter the email address you want the form to go to. Under that select "more options" there you can put the "from name" and change the "subject" line. You'll also see that the email you entered in your config.php file is your "from email address". Leave it like that. Save your changes and embed your form in your website. everything should work peachy.

**this may be all obvious to most users, but it seems godaddy is a bit quirky when it comes to setting up machforms. So sorry if I was captain obvious to some of yall and hopefully it helped some of the newbies who have godaddy.

Posted 13 years ago #
  9. yuniar

oh wow,,,that's very detailed information. thank you for sharing the information! This would be very useful for others.

MachForm Founder

Posted 13 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic