This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 4

New version check in 4.6: more details, please

1. williamansley

One of the new features in Machform v. 4.6 is called:

Improvement: Easily check for new version updates

Could we please have more details on how this will work? Will it let us know if there is an unnumbered bug fix alert or will it just tell us if there are new numbered updates?

Posted 8 years ago #
  2. AMurray
    Pro Member

I don't know if it does, but I would imagine (or hope) that it works like Joomla's update feature; where you can either upload the update package, or let MF download/install the updates.

But it may be merely a notification, and you have to update as we do now.

Posted 8 years ago #
  3. frankzobitz

There is a link in the License Information box that says "Check for updates". Clicking the link/button will tell you if you are up to date. The real question is - since the version number doesn't always change with bug fixes, will it tell you if there is an update in that case?

Posted 8 years ago #
  4. yuniar

As of v4.6 onward, there won't be unnumbered bugfixes, so you can be assured that the new "Check for updates" feature is a reliable way to check for the latest update. It will only notify you for new update though (and some information about the update), it won't do automatic / one-click update.

MachForm Founder

Posted 8 years ago #
  5. williamansley

Having all updates, bugfix or otherwise, numbered is a huge step in the right direction, as far as I am concerned. And, at least for the moment, I prefer to do Machform updates manually, so I hope that manual updates always remain an option, even if automatic updates are added in the future.

Posted 8 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic