This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 2

MySQL backup script

1. Saghalie
    Pro Member

Klahowya!

I have written a couple of PHP scripts to backup a MySQL database. For this backup script I created a button on the Manage Form page that you just have to click and it will take you to a form to fill out to back up your database.

I've been using it for myself and decided that maybe others would like it also. So I am making it available to everyone.

Here is the link:
    http://www.beautiful-beginnings.org/files/install.zip

If you have problems with unzipping the file, just email me and I will send them off to you since they are so small.

Full instructions for installation are provided.

Mashie!

Saghalie
    http://www.beautiful-beginnings.org

Posted 15 years ago #
  2. yuniar

Hey, thanks for sharing this!

MachForm Founder

Posted 15 years ago #
  3. rrstockertx

Hi Yuniar, I was wondering if their has been any enhancements to the backup process to make it easier. I found this thread but the script link no longer works. I think it would be smart to add some kind of backup-script to the software from the ADMIN SECTION. Right now your requiring a MySQL Database backup and then the folder, which a normal site admin does not have access to the databases. Of course I have it but it sure would be easier to have a ONE BUTTON solution from within the admin section that allows each form or all forms to be backed up.

Any updates in this area or access to a simple script.
    Looking forward to hearing back.
    Sincerely,
    Roy

Posted 8 years ago #
  4. yuniar

Hi Roy -- There is now an option to backup the structure of your forms (not the entries data though). You can go to Settings and will find the export tool there.

MachForm Founder

Posted 8 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic