This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 4

Multiple Databases

1. fuscow

I use form for my high school alumni so there are several school years I work with, with my old form processor, i could have a different database for each form if I wanted. right now I am working on 2 forms, one for the alumni registry which is just a database of vital data so we can keep in track and the other form is for the reunion. I don't want this data going into one database as it would be a night mare to work with..

So how do I have a different database for each form if I want to?

Posted 9 years ago #
  2. AMurray
    Pro Member

Machform doesn't work that way - you can only using one database for each installation.

It shouldn't be the headache you suggest since Machform very neatly separates the Forms and each form's entries, easily managed and accessible for viewing.

However using separate databases would require you to install Machform as two separate installations. It is not necessary as the Form Manager lists each form and has a number of links associated that help you manage each including an Entries Manager from which to view the submitted entries, separately for each form.

You could also create multiple users, assign them to the particular two forms (1 each) so one can't see the other form, which would effectively be like two installs of the application.

Finally there's no need to access the database itself all data is available from the front-end application, including options for exporting data, for example to MS Excel.

Would suggest though, you read the documentation, http://www.appnitro.com/documentation.

Posted 9 years ago #
  3. fuscow

This doesn't really help me in my situation. I want to be able to re-populate the form with data previous entered or create custom reports on the data in the database..

Posted 9 years ago #
  4. yuniar

I'm afraid it won't be possible to re-populate the form with data previously entered. Sorry.
    MachForm doesn't support this functionality.

MachForm Founder

Posted 9 years ago #
  5. Saghalie
    Pro Member

While MachForm doesn't support this functionality, you can create a separate app to work with the data in the MachForm database. What kind of custom reports are you looking for?

Regards,

Saghalie
    http://www.kcmhosting.com

Posted 9 years ago #
  6. anujagrawal

Hi fuscow - not sure if you have already solved for this, but this seems like you may want to have your own database to store that data, and then using webhooks post that form entries to the databases that you created.

Posted 9 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic