This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 4

Making multiple forms in to one...

1. groovybluedog

Hello,

I'd like to make multiple forms in to one.

For example, someone comes on the form, selects a "topic", and gets a different page depending on the topic they select.

Now, most of this can be achieved with the current "logic" function.

I was able to make a dropdown box with content in it, and depending on what content is picked from the dropdown box, will depend on what page the person gets moved to.

However, once the person submits from that page, they move on to the next.

How come they don't go to the success page?

Someone can move from their form they need to fill to the next page which is different.

This is difficult to explain and hopefully someone understands - essentially when someone submits on a page, there should be an easy option to go to a certain different page or the success page instead of just moving forward one in the pages. The only way to currently do this is to insert a field and use logic on that to move to the success page when it is filled but this is highly impractical.

Thanks.

Posted 9 years ago #
  2. yuniar

The standard behavior of the form is to always moving forward into the next page, unless you setup a logic to change this.
    In your case, you need to setup two rules:

1) Rules to select the specific page based on the selection on the first page (I think you've done this already)/

2) Rules to go to success page and skip the rest of the remaining page after the page of rule #1 above being submitted.

To build rule #2, you need to find any specific field within the selected page and use the "is not empty" condition.

MachForm Founder

Posted 9 years ago #
  3. anujagrawal

Hi groovybluedog - what is this "logic" function you refer to? I would think that the way to solve for your problem is to have your first form post to a custom page which will contain the logic to decide the next page (2nd form) to go to.

Is that how you have solved for this or are planning to solve for this?

Posted 9 years ago #
  4. gsite

Hello
    I have a similar need.
    I want to chain two form based on responses to the first form.
    Is possible?
    Bonjour
    J'ai un besoin similaire.
    Je voudrais enchainer 2 formulaires en fonction des réponses données dans le premier formulaire.
    Est possible?

Posted 9 years ago #
  5. williamansley

@anujagrawal: If you have Machform v. 3.4 or newer, you have the option to use conditional logic to hide fields or skip pages. For more information:

http://www.appnitro.com/blog-machform34-released

@gsite: Could you explain what you are trying to do in more detail?

Posted 9 years ago #
  6. hughhubbers

I worked it out...

1. Use the "Enable Rules to Show/Hide Fields" settings to hide the fields on the pages, you want to hide.

2. Use the "Enable Rules to Skip Pages" settings, choose the (last) field on the page, use "Is Not" and leave it BLANK

Then if a User types SOMETHING in the last field on this page, they will then skip to the last page.

Posted 8 years ago #
  7. hughhubbers

Sorry further testing shows that this does NOT work....

I am trying to do the same.

The User can select how many pages to "show" from a drop down list.

So, x4 selected only x4 pages show, x3 selected only x3 pages show, and so on.

Help please....

Posted 8 years ago #
  8. hughhubbers

I am managed to work this out...

1. Add a YES/NO field to the bottom of each page (such as "Add an extra Contact")

2. Then enable "Enable Rules to Skip Pages", select the field, and choose "Is" no or yes

Simple as that !

Posted 8 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic