This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 4

Machforms 4.1 Bug - Page Break fields

1. ironsoup

Yuniar / company,

Recently a colleague of mine was having problems saving a form on their new form creation (on Machforms 4.1). After extensive testing we were able to reproduce the error by doing the following:

Click Add a Field -> Add a Page Break Field -> Click on the area/div that reads "This page has no fields".

Doing so will generate a javascript error that reads:

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot set property 'position' of undefined builder.js:1
    select_element builder.js:1
    (anonymous function) builder.js:1
    N jquery.min.js:16
    f.event.handle jquery.min.js:17
    i.handle.k

Just to make sure this wasn't specific to our installation, I did the same test on your demo form on the appnitro.com website, and the result was the same:
    http://ge.tt/3STjdym1/v/0

I'd like to believe this error was preventing other changes from being saved correctly, though we are doing more testing with this info in mind to be sure.

Wanted to inform you of this bug, hopefully you can get to it in the next release!

Thanks,

-Mike

Posted 9 years ago #
  2. yuniar

Thanks for reporting this Mike!
    The javascript error message is a bug indeed and I'm putting this into our bug report database.

However, it shouldn't prevent you from saving the form.
    Try to find any unclosed/mismatched HTML tags within your field labels. Usually, this is the major cause of the changes not being saved.

MachForm Founder

Posted 9 years ago #
  3. ironsoup

Thanks Yuniar. Would it be possible for you to post the patched file(s) for this bugfix?

If not I'll just wait for the next release. And btw, do you have any idea of when the next release will come out?

Thanks!

-Mike

Posted 9 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic