This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 4

How To Prevent Multiple Submissions?

1. celsiusmarketing

Hello, we're getting a lot of submissions that are being posted multiple times by our students. When I look in the database I can confirm that they are showing up multiple times as well. I thought that the submit button was disabled after the initial click, so why would this still be happening?

Posted 8 years ago #
  2. williamansley

Which version of Machform are you using?

Posted 8 years ago #
  3. celsiusmarketing

MachForm Version 4.4

Posted 8 years ago #
  4. celsiusmarketing

Here's a screenshot from one of our forms.

Posted 8 years ago #
  5. karenfan

This is just a suggestion, and may not work in your scenario.

If the student name is a text field, there is an option in the Rules section which says "No Duplicates". This does a server-side check for the value to be unique.

Posted 8 years ago #
  6. celsiusmarketing

Unfortunately, that is not a good solution for us because we have many students who fill the form out with the same first name. This issue is caused by a user being able to click the submit button multiple times which shouldn't be allowed because in one of the updates it stated that they added a feature to disable the submit button once it has been clicked.

Posted 8 years ago #
  7. celsiusmarketing

Yuniar can you please respond and give some insights?

Posted 8 years ago #
  8. nickcurry

We are also having this issue, sometimes it is 2, 3, 4 times and sometimes even 20!

Using the latest 4.5 version here (updated today).

Posted 8 years ago #
  9. nickcurry

I have just enabled the 'limit submission by IP' setting temporarily to allow only 5 submissions per day from the same IP address... Until a fix comes.

Posted 8 years ago #
  10. williamansley

Since Yuniar seems to have missed this message thread, I suggest you file a bug report directly with Appnitro support, using the contact form linked to below:

http://www.appnitro.com/contact

Posted 8 years ago #
  11. yuniar

The submit button should have been disabled after the initial submission indeed. However, this doesn't seems enough to prevent multiple duplicate submissions.

We've now added server-side code to double check the submitted data. I believe server-side validation is the best way to prevent duplicate submissions.

Please contact us directly and let us know the exact version of your machform.
    We'll send you the fix for this.

http://www.appnitro.com/contact

MachForm Founder

Posted 8 years ago #
  12. williamansley

Will this fix be in the next Machform update?

Posted 8 years ago #
  13. celsiusmarketing

Multiple submissions occur on mobile devices. I can confirm this as I tested earlier this morning on my android phone and I hit the submit button multiple times and it submitted the form 3 times. When I test on my computer, the submit button is disabled and works as expected.

Posted 8 years ago #
  14. yuniar

Yes, we'll include this as part of the next update

MachForm Founder

Posted 8 years ago #
  15. celsiusmarketing

Any idea as to when the next update will occur?

Posted 8 years ago #
  16. rocketmedia

Has this update been added into the latest version of machform? This bug has been something that has compelled us to look at other solutions.

Posted 8 years ago #
  17. williamansley

It is supposed to be fixed, according to the change log:

Improvement: Built-in server-side code to prevent accidental multiple submission

This is from the release notes for the 4.6 update:

http://www.appnitro.com/blog-machform46-released

Posted 8 years ago #
  18. yuniar

Yes, this has been added to the latest version (4.6)

MachForm Founder

Posted 8 years ago #
  19. celsiusmarketing

This has been fixed. Server side validation is working perfectly for us now.

Posted 8 years ago #
  20. agdm619

I can confirm that this is still still happening in 4.6. But only when users are saving there progress. It shows up in the incomplete entries page, (see screen shot below) what can we do to stop this from happening? As our employees rely on the incomplete entries page to follow-up with our tickets in the field and it's causing confusion.

Thanks for your help!
    Aaron

Posted 8 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »