This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 4

How to adjust the width of First and Last in Name widget?

1. bemofunny

Hi,
    How do I adjust the width of First and Last in Name widget? so that it align with fields that use column_2

Posted 9 years ago #
  2. yuniar

You can use the theme editor for that. Edit your form's theme, click "Advanced CSS" from the dropdown menu and then paste this code:

.simple_name_1 input.text{
      width: 135px;
    }

That should set the 135px width to the name field having id number 1. Adjust the id number with your own name field id number.

MachForm Founder

Posted 9 years ago #
  3. wolverana

What if I want this to be equal lengths across the form width? I have tried specifying the 255px width which is apparently the max field size yet they don't stretch all the way across the page, and the form totally ignores any padding or margin I add to the Advanced CSS code to adjust this.
    I have tried setting it to 50% for each of the fields and it totally doesn't seem to understand that either.

Maybe a crash course in what fields we can and cannot edit and what settings it will accept in the Advanced CSS editor would be appropriate here. I can edit CSS without any problems when I have access to it all, but we apparently do not have access to most of it to view it, only to change it in the Advanced CSS editor and we have to ask you for what code to edit because we don't know what the default settings are.

Having to come to the forums with something like this is a lot of hassle for something we pay a lot for to do this for us. I surely didn't expect that I would have to be positioning all my fields manually in the code. I can, but I surely shouldn't have to for what the cost of this app is. I love the features, but the builder really is lacking a lot. :/

Posted 8 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic