This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 2

Godaddy madness

1. loetv

I´ve been hosting my web pages for a long time in goddady´s, and also my corporate mails (around 90 people), it has been madness since thursday because their mail service (godaddy´s) is not sending my machforms filled out mails, since we use it for our sales orders, it has been a huge problem for us, I talked to the tech people over there, but the only answer I got was this:

Felipe,

In our shared hosting servers is very likely to be a delay in delivering the message. The amount of time depends on the level of activity on the server. Although the average delivery time will only be about 15-30 minutes periods of high activity can cause delays of up to 24 hours or more. We appreciate your patience as we solve this delay.

Sincerely,

XXXXXXXXXXX( I erased her name, because it is not really her fault)
    Customer Care / Customer Service
    GoDaddy

, I did get no solution at all, and I need to move away from godaddy,

My Question:

does anybody recommends a similar, yet good, service for web hosting and corporate mail services ?, thanks and thanks to Machform, I really love this software and its great use !,

Felipe

Posted 10 years ago #
  2. yuniar

Hi Felipe,

If you are on GoDaddy and having some issue with the email, you might want to consider using external SMTP server to send the email.

Try this one:
    http://www.smtp2go.com/

They provide a free plan, so that you could test it first and upgrade later when everything is working as expected.

Once you signed up with them, put the SMTP server details into your MachForm and make sure to use port 80.

Check this page below, particular #3:
    http://www.smtp2go.com/support

It should send the email instantly and not being delayed.

MachForm Founder

Posted 10 years ago #
  3. zforray

I have been using Powweb for web hosting, for many years. I have 3-active sites on it. Never had any real problems - none with emails. Machform generated emails go out pretty much immediately. None of this "delays of up to 24 hours or more" nonsense Godaddy seems to be willing to accept.

Posted 10 years ago #
  4. rickmalone

I had the same problem with Godaddy and fixed the problem by going to settings and checking "Use SMTP server" I left the default localhost info and it worked. I have not had to check this box on other servers.

Posted 8 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic