This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 4

Form submissions from yahoo email users may not come through

1. christopherbrooks

On Tuesday several of my forms stopped sending copies to me. It appears that this is related to a Yahoo change, and the fact that I was using the submitter's email as the 'from' email address, and that I use gmail. My workaround until or unless this is resolved between yahoo and DMARC members is to drop using the submitter's email as the 'from' and substitute something else.

More information is here:

Yahoo initiated a terrible policy change to their mail servers recently that impacts every single mailing list software in use, not just Mailman. If any Yahoo.com user posts to your list, they will cause those list members whose ISP/ESP provider is using DMARC (Hotmail, Gmail, Bellsouth, etc) to bounce the poster's message which can in turn cause the list to remove these members from the list for excessive bounces. The problem is with Yahoo. You can read more about it at:

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2141120/yahoo-email-antispoofing-policy-breaks-mailing-lists.html

https://wordtothewise.com/2014/04/brief-dmarc-primer/

Posted 10 years ago #
  2. yuniar

Oh,,thank you for letting us know! No wonder we received several reports regarding mail delivery within the last few days.

MachForm Founder

Posted 10 years ago #
  3. yuniar

For those using Gmail, Hotmail or any other mail provider that use DMARC, I suggest to change the "From Email Address" of your form to use the default sender address, or any other address within your domain.

So that you'll receive all notification email properly and not affected by Yahoo above.

MachForm Founder

Posted 10 years ago #
  4. kolazero

that problem is really affecting many customers from the uk where yahoo is huge!

I dont understand one thing, how our "client forms" will replay to that notfication ?

Posted 10 years ago #
  5. yuniar

Apparently, AOL just implemented the same policy:
    http://postmaster-blog.aol.com/2014/04/22/aol-mail-updates-dmarc-policy-to-reject/

We're considering to allow you adding "Reply-To" address to overcome this issue. We'll keep you updated.

As for now, we recommend you to use your own domain for the From Email Address.

MachForm Founder

Posted 9 years ago #
  6. kolazero

really thank you !

Posted 9 years ago #
  7. mrpsycho98

Do let us know once u found the solution Yuniar coz we are facing problem n keep losing our regular customer. some also scolded us :(

Posted 9 years ago #
  8. yuniar

This is a major change that affect lots people indeed and most likely other email providers such as Gmail or Hotmail will do the same policy, sooner or later. We've done some development regarding this, earlier today, and I can say that using the proper Reply-To solved this issue perfectly.

We'll be doing more thorough testing next week and will release it as v4.1 once it's ready.

MachForm Founder

Posted 9 years ago #
  9. mrpsycho98

Yes. Gmail already implementing it now. Some of the gmail not even comes in to our email :(

Posted 9 years ago #
  10. kolazero

yes, machform is totaly useless for now! almost all emails are not going thru....

this information should be announced to all machform users!

Posted 9 years ago #
  11. yuniar

We've completed the development to address this issue. We'll be releasing v4.1 tomorrow and you'll be able to download it from the member area.

MachForm Founder

Posted 9 years ago #
  12. mrpsycho98

Glad to hear that. Coz today is the worst day where people called us.. shout at us.. due to their order not being process.. I am.crying.. seriously.. about the lost..hmm.. can't count including the prospect customer...

Posted 9 years ago #
  13. yuniar

We've just released MachForm 4.1 to address this issue:
    http://www.appnitro.com/blog-machform41-released

MachForm Founder

Posted 9 years ago #
  14. mrpsycho98

Upgraded..
    But what i realized now....

reply to: we just set to default.. "Email Address:"
    But for "From Email", i am having problem to set to the correct one.

If i am using our own email, everytime email comes into our mailbox, when we reply, it will reply to our own email.
    If i set using template variable (in my case {element_15} which is equal to customer's email.. the entry cannot be fwd (which i assume, when user fill in the from, no notification will comes in)

how do i set to make sure when we gonna reply the email, the email client will use customer entry as a reply to:

Posted 9 years ago #
  15. yuniar

"From Email" should be using your own email (e.g. you@yourdomain.com) -- while Reply-To should be using the email field on your form.
    This way, all emails will be coming from you@yourdomain.com... BUT when you reply to the email, your email client will automatically using the email entered by your customer.

That is the whole purpose of the new "Reply To"

MachForm Founder

Posted 9 years ago #
  16. mrpsycho98

I tried that.. but when i open my gmail... the order came in as usual.. when i tried to reply (to give the quotation), the email address that the gmail fetch is my email address.. not my customer address.. how do i fix this?

Posted 9 years ago #
  17. yuniar

Can you contact us directly and let us know the login info to your machform panel please?
    I'll check your settings.

http://www.appnitro.com/contact

MachForm Founder

Posted 9 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic