This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 3

Forgot db password info.

1. eiplanner

I've not used machform in so long that I forgot my info. I am aware of the config.php file but I can set the user name and password and it still denies me access when I try to log in to the admin panel.

I'm not proficient with databases and I'm not sure if my login info has to be reset in my database or if it doesn't matter. Appnitro set up my database originally then stepped me through the process of establishing my own user name and password in the config.php file. All worked well until I made a couple forms and began experimenting with password protection. Now I have messed it all up.

I am using a very early version like 1.2 or something. My website is setup through godaddy and I know how to access or edit all of my .php files and such. I just can't access my admin panel anymore. I get this message: Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user....

This is my config.php info:

define('DB_USER', 'eiplanner'); //Your database username
    define('DB_PASSWORD', '*********'); //Your database users password
    define('DB_HOST', '*****************************************'); //The hostname for your database

/** Admin user and password **/
    define('ADMIN_USER','eiplanner');
    define('ADMIN_PASSWORD','*********"');

I have changed the DB_USER DB_PASSWORD ADMIN_USER ADMIN_PASSWORD all several times in trying to login in my admin page and at this point I have no earthly idea what they were before I changed them.

I blocked out my DB_HOST info on here because I don't know if that is sensitive info or not, but I can email it if it is needed to get me restarted.

I know I'm prob worse than a dummy for messing this up but I sure would appreciate some help.

p.s. I do know to click on the submit button on the login screen and not hit enter.

Posted 11 years ago #
  2. yuniar

It seems you have incorrect database password there. Try to reset the mysql database password from your GoDaddy control panel. Make sure it has the same password as within your config.php file.

If you are having difficulty with this, don't worry, we can help you fixing it directly.
    Simply contact us directly and let us know your GoDaddy login info. We'll get this sorted.

MachForm Founder

Posted 11 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic