This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 4

[FEATURE REQUEST] No database entry unless paid

1. jhinkle

I understand that some people would like to collect entries with or without payment - hence the payment status field. But for some of our forms, I don't even want those entries recorded to the database if they have not paid. Please look into making it an option (a checkbox) to record entry ONLY if paid.

Posted 9 years ago #
  2. AMurray
    Pro Member

Rather than not record it at all, maybe it can be "invisible" to the Entry Manager list until paid, but the record still needs to exist in order for the payment processing to function.

Posted 9 years ago #
  3. jhinkle

Then store the information in session variables or a temporary table of some sort, and THEN write them to the database only when the payment processor returns a "paid" status. I don't want registrants to even think they have registered for an event without paying first. So adding them to the database and then skipping payment creates more work for us to retrieve that skipped payment.

Posted 9 years ago #
  4. yuniar

I'm not sure if you know this already, but actually you can easily apply a filter to your records. Simply create a filter and use the payment status as the condition. Use it to display "paid" entries only.

Once you saved the filter, the entries will only display paid records. Also, turn on the "Delay Notifications until Paid" option within your payment setting, so that people who register into your form won't get any notification email before they complete the payment.

MachForm Founder

Posted 9 years ago #
  5. jhinkle

Yes, I know about this.

Some of our users will fill out the form and get the the payment screen and not fill it out or something - so they think they are registered. Maybe I'm requesting the wrong thing. Maybe what I should be requesting is something to combat the unpayers. Maybe something like a popup saying that the payment did NOT go through and give them another chance to complete the payment. Or send them an email saying that their registration is not complete with a link to complete the payment.

What do you think?

Posted 9 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic