This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 4

[FEATURE REQUEST] Limit number of checkboxes checked

1. jhinkle

It would be great if you could implement a max limit on checkboxes. Like for us, we use this for voting and people can vote up to, let say, for up to 3 people, out of 10 nominees. Right now, I have to scare them by saying their vote will be rejected if they vote for more than 3 nominees.

Posted 9 years ago #
  2. williamansley

I'd really like this as well. I briefly looked at the possibility of doing this with a custom javascript, but that doesn't seem to be possible, since limiting the number of boxes checked through javascript requires that all of the check boxes in the set to be limited must be in the same check box group. To the best of my ability to determine, check boxes implemented by Machform have each check box in its own check box group and we have no control over this.

In general, I'd like to see the logic capabilities of Machform vastly extended beyond hiding and showing fields and pages. One obvious additional logic capability to add is making one field required or not, based on the input to another field. This can be done now by hiding a required field and showing it based on the input to another field, but sometimes this results in a confusing form.

Logic to compare fields with each other or with a constant we choose is something that I really want to see. If we had this, we could put two email fields in our form and check them against each other to make sure that were the same. It would be very important to me to have the ability to add customized error messages to be shown if the fields didn't match, and that those error messages should be shown next to the appropriate fields, not at the top (or bottom) of the form. We could also check date fields to make sure that the end date for a span of time actually came after the start date that had already been selected, as another example. I'm sure almost everyone would find a use for this type of capabilty.

Posted 9 years ago #
  3. wimvanteeffelen

The latter, two calendars of which the date of the second calendar cannot be selected prior to the first calendar, has already been built for me by Yuniar; possibly it will be launched in one of the updates.

Posted 9 years ago #
  4. yuniar

Here you go:

available within the next update, v4.4 :-)

MachForm Founder

Posted 9 years ago #
  5. frankzobitz

Awesome!

Posted 9 years ago #
  6. jhinkle

Over the years, the improvements you have made to this program are outstanding! Great work yuniar!

Posted 9 years ago #
  7. hughhubbers

When is 4.4 due out ?

Posted 9 years ago #
  8. eventura

Also what about auto sorting entries on a drop down ... should be just a check box option :-)

Posted 9 years ago #
  9. bbuddb

Great news, great improvement

Posted 9 years ago #
  10. williamansley

The "Choices Limit" option for the Checkboxes field shown in Yuniar's post above (click on the link below to go directly to it) doesn't seem to be included in Machform 4.4. Is it missing or is it there I am I just not seeing it for some reason? I have already cleared the browser cache and I see all the other new features that I have looked for already.

http://www.appnitro.com/forums/topic/feature-request-limit-number-of-checkboxes-checked?replies=9#post-23012

Posted 8 years ago #
  11. yuniar

You'll need to turn on the "Required" property first.

MachForm Founder

Posted 8 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic