This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 4

Feature request: LDAP integration

1. williamansley

We have modified Machform to tie into our LDAP to allow single sign-on (more or less) to Machform for our users. I say "more or less" because they have to use their full email address, not their user name (which, however, is the same as the first part of their email address), but at least we don't have to manage Machform passwords separately.

I just installed Machform 4.2 to our test instance of Machform, and I see that Appnitro has extensively modified the section of code that we have customized to allow Machform to tie into our LDAP. This code had remained virtually unchanged from at least Machform 3.5. This is not unexpected, given the security enhancement made to Machform 4.2, and I am not complaining about the change; I'm glad to see that Machform is being actively enhanced.

But I would like to renew my request that the ability to allow Machform to be integrated with an existing LDAP for login credential verification instead of using login credentials created and managed within Machform be added to Machform. I'm sure we will figure out how to apply our customization to Machform 4.2, but we don't have any free to time to work on this for a while and we won't be able to upgrade from Machform 4.1 until we solve this problem.

It would be so nice if this feature were built into Machform so that we didn't have to re-customize it each time an upgrade comes out. I expect that this would be a very helpful feature for many other institutional Machform users as well.

Posted 9 years ago #
  2. piougy

Hello,

We have the same need.

Thanks

Posted 9 years ago #
  3. nicholasdring

+1 that

Posted 9 years ago #
  4. mhannen

Please add us to the list of people who would like to see the LDAP feature added.

Posted 9 years ago #
  5. eventura

Us too!

Posted 9 years ago #
  6. Saghalie
    Pro Member

See if this will work for you. I'm not sure if you want something like this or want it installed in to machform but I thought I would share.

http://connect2id.com/products/json2ldap

And no; I am not connected in any way with connect2id.com.

Regards,

Saghalie
    http://www.kcmhosting.com

Posted 9 years ago #
  7. yuniar

Sorry it took so long for this to be implemented, but I can tell you that LDAP authentication is coming into v4.3, very soon!

MachForm Founder

Posted 9 years ago #
  8. mhannen

Thanks, Yuniar. Can't wait to have LDAP authentication in MachForms. Can you tell us a little more about who it will be implemented or specific features of ldap auth?

Posted 9 years ago #
  9. williamansley

Yuniar, this is fantastic news for my institution. I am looking forward to version 4.3!

Posted 9 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic