This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 3

Exclude the following day from date field

1. alexlak

Good day!

Is it at all possible to exclude the following/next day when using the datepicker? For example if today is 4th Oct then the user can't pick 5th Oct but only the dates after the 5th Oct.

Posted 10 years ago #
  2. AMurray
    Pro Member

I would be guessing here but the option you'd need is the "Set min and max date" option in the date field properties options panel.

So, if you set the "Min" date as 6th Oct, I would guess that means you can't select anything earlier than that.

Posted 10 years ago #
  3. RVgeeks

I have a similar request... but I need the "future date" to be generic, not a specific date. So if a user pulls the date picker to select a date, I want to be sure they can't select any day sooner than "today + 2 days", for example. It needs to dynamically update.

Is that possible with MachFom?

Posted 9 years ago #
  4. yuniar

RVgeeks -- That's very good idea. Unfortunately this is not possible yet. Sorry.

MachForm Founder

Posted 9 years ago #
  5. RVgeeks

@yuniar: That's a shame. It's a feature I use all the time (reservation type forms for the hospitality industry).

Posted 9 years ago #
  6. garyhires

I notice that in the latest release, you have allowed for relative dates to be used within the Date field selector. However, you have hard-coded the minDate to always be an "ago" rather than leaving a more flexible solution. Why can't you provide a blank field and allow users to use the jQuery Datepicker options?? For instance, relative date minDate: '+2d' (for 2 days in the future) or '-2d' (for two days ago). This would allow for a more flexible solution.

Posted 8 years ago #
  7. williamansley

@garyhires: Take a look at this thread:

http://www.appnitro.com/forums/topic/feature-request-disable-all-but-future-dates?replies=3

Posted 8 years ago #
  8. williamansley

A warning for anyone else who may have gotten the patched files referred to above from Appnitro. I just discovered that have a bug that causes any form that has a date field that disables all past or all future dates to actually restrict the date selected to only the current day. This applies to the initial version I got from Yuniar, at least.

Posted 8 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic