This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 3

Error when submitting forms

1. nwcp

I have had machform running successfully for quite a while. Recently I have been getting the following error: "Deprecated: Function split() is deprecated in /home/nwcp/public_html/machform/lib/class.phpmailer.php on line 469" The error pops up when submitting the form, but the record is still kept in the database. The form is also supposed to e-mail to people when submitted and that is not happening any more either.

Posted 10 years ago #
  2. Steve1951

It sounds as if your hosting provider has upgraded to PHP version 5.3. The function split() has been DEPRECATED as of PHP 5.3.0. I know this does not solve your problem but it may give you an idea why you are receiving this message. Hopefully Yuniar can give you a work-around. If you're running an older version of Machform, then possibly the mailer library has been updated in a newer version. I'm running version 3.4 and 3.5 with PHP 5.3.x and I'm having no problems.

Posted 10 years ago #
  3. yuniar

nwcp -- You'll need to update your machform to at least v2.4. If possible, I suggest to update to v3.5

MachForm Founder

Posted 10 years ago #
  4. nwcp

OK, so I see where to download 2.4. Is there an upgrade procedure? Also, what would be involved in upgrading to 3.5?

Posted 10 years ago #
  5. yuniar

If you are updating to v2.4 -- simply update your files (excluding the config.php and "data" folder).

If you are updating to v3.5, follow this step:
    http://www.appnitro.com/upgrading-machform

MachForm Founder

Posted 10 years ago #
  6. nwcp

So just FTP into the server and overwrite the files? excluding config.php and the data folder, obviously. I am noticing that the data folder from the zip I downloaded only contains the .htaccess file and that there is no config.php, though there is a config-empty.php.

Posted 10 years ago #
  7. yuniar

Yes, that is correct. Simply update the files, make sure not to overwrite your data folder and the config.php file

MachForm Founder

Posted 10 years ago #
  8. nwcp

So I followed the update steps and it seems to be working. At least the PHP error is gone. But it is still not sending e-mails. Since I don't have a settings tab, where would I go to check those settings? Also, is there an error log for the mailing feature?

Posted 10 years ago #
  9. AMurray
    Pro Member

You should have the settings tab - the main menu across the top of the Admin screen, contains:

Manage Forms
    Edit Themes
    Users
    >>>> Settings <<<<<<
    My Account
    Help
    Sign Out

In the settings page (when you get to it) in the blue pane is "Use SMTP Server to Send Emails" Click the check-box, the panel expands to reveal the mail server options etc. (mail server name, your user name, password (for authentication against the mail server for outgoing e-mail).

Posted 10 years ago #
  10. nwcp

I am running 2.4 now. I go to index.php and login, and the only tabs I have across the top are "Manage Forms" and "Logout."

Posted 10 years ago #
  11. yuniar

If you are using v2.4, you can configure the SMTP settings by editing the config.php file

MachForm Founder

Posted 10 years ago #
  12. nwcp

I have set the SMTP settings in the config.php file based on what was suggested in other forum posts. We use Google Apps. I get the error: "Error sending email: SMTP Error: Could not connect to SMTP host." I also submitted a trouble ticket for this with no response.

Posted 10 years ago #
  13. mageeb

v2.4 is no longer available in the members area. is there another way I can obtain it? thanks

Posted 9 years ago #
  14. yuniar

mageeb -- please contact us directly and we'll send you the link for v2.4

MachForm Founder

Posted 9 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic