This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 2

email notifications not coming through

1. philm

All has been working fine with my forms, but today I'm not receiving any email notifications when forms are completed. This is also true of the person competing the form; they don't receive the email response.

Any ideas? The entries do appear if I log in to 'Manage Forms', so the database must at least be saving the data coreectly.
    Thanks
    Phil

Posted 15 years ago #
  2. redityo

Hi ..

Have you test your mail server functionality ? to test it create .php file and put this code

<?php
     mail('your_email@example.com', 'Test Subject', 'Test Message');
     echo "Mail sent! Please check it.";
    ?>

change the email address same with e-mail address you use in machform and run the script.

Also, some mail server doesn't allow sending email to yourself using the same email address.

MachForm Support

Posted 15 years ago #
  3. philm

Thanks, I've tried the script but nothing is happening and no emails are coming through, either to me or to the person who has successfully completed the form.
    This has never been a problem before, and as far as know I haven't tampered with any files.
    Is there anything else I can check?

Posted 15 years ago #
  4. redityo

Hmm ..

Is it your site using SMTP, if it's so you have to set in config.php.

You can check on your web host first about this problem to get more information and if you feel comfortable you can send your FTP login info to customer.service[at]appnitro.com I will help you there.

MachForm Support

Posted 15 years ago #
  5. philm

Hi,
    I'll send you my ftp details to the email address provided. A single form submission made it through about a day ago, but again, nothing has worked since.
    Thanks
    Phil

Posted 15 years ago #
  6. coachjwj

I have had the same issue. And it is very sporadic. Sometimes it's on this form:
    http://www.lscsn.com/machform/view.php?id=9

Other times it's on this form:
    http://www.lscsn.com/machform/view.php?id=11

I just tried to send a form in using a different email address that I have and I filled out the form second form and hit submit and got the overview page, but when I hit submit again this is the error message that I received.

Error sending email: Could not instantiate mail function.
    Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/c/o/a/coachjwj/html/machform/includes/helper-functions.php:482) in /home/content/c/o/a/coachjwj/html/machform/confirm.php on line 38

Posted 15 years ago #
  7. redityo

Hi ..

Have you try using this script ?

<?php
     mail('your_email@example.com', 'Test Subject', 'Test Message');
     echo "Mail sent! Please check it.";
    ?>

if it's not send properly maybe you have problem with your email server.

MachForm Support

Posted 15 years ago #
  8. cdixon

I have two forms that have stopped sending emails.
    I can use your script and get an email sent:
    <?php mail('your_email@example.com', 'Test Subject', 'Test Message'); echo "Mail sent! Please check it."; ?>

and I can add a from address into your script and send it:
    <?php mail('your_email@example.com', 'Test Subject', 'Test Message', 'From:anotheremail@example.com'); echo "Mail sent! Please check it."; ?>

What else can cause the emails to stop sending?

The entries don't get marked PAID either even though in the Paypal account, they have paid.

Posted 9 years ago #
  9. yuniar

What version of MachForm do you use? If you are using version 4, most likely it's affected by this:
    http://www.appnitro.com/forums/topic/paypal-update-important-update-for-paypal-payments?replies=5

MachForm Founder

Posted 9 years ago #
  10. rdegler

Yuniar,

I have update machforms to 4.2, paypal seems to be working. BUT the script is not sending email notifications to either my inbox or the form user.

Is there a solution for the problem?

Roy

Posted 9 years ago #
  11. rdegler

Problem solved. Once we upgraded to 4.2 the delayed notifications box was reset to checked under the payment setup. We unchecked it and all is now working.

Roy

Posted 9 years ago #
  12. yuniar

Roy -- when "delay notifications until paid" option is being turned on, you should receive the notification emails once the user completed the payment. Is this not the case?

MachForm Founder

Posted 9 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic