This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 2

Edit mode strange behavior

1. josmi

Hello, I have been using Machforms verson 2 for YEARS and never felt the need to upgrade. This problem I found today has never happened before.

When in EDIT mode, if I scroll up or down, or if I click on the arrows to go back and forth between entries, an entry that was previous deleted will appear in the fields.

However, if I remain in VIEW mode, it allows me to move up and down the page, and back and forth between entries, with no problems. It's only when in EDIT mode that this strange behavior happens.

Here's how I can recreate it:
    1. Open an Entry
    2. Click on "Edit"
    3. The contents of the fields immediately switch to a different entry that I have previous deleted. Very strange!
    4. If I click on "View" the fields immediately switch back to the correct entry.

This is a big problem because I can't edit any entry. I would very much appreciate any help!

Posted 10 years ago #
  2. josmi

Here's some more information that may help to diagnose the problem.

1. I repaired the database, but to no effect. And just I was doing it wrong I had my host go in and repair the database. The exact same thing continues to happen.

2. I have a number of Forms that I created, many of which have common fields with the same name, such as "Name" or "Website." I can go and View entries in all of the different forms but as soon as I click "Edit" the fields will switch to the previously deleted record.

For example, the Name field will say "John Smith" but when I click on the Edit button, it immediately switches to "Bob Jones." Then when I click on View, it switches back to John Smith.

And no matter which Form I am working with, if it has a "Name" field, it will switch to "Bob Jones" if I click on Edit. It is not just restricted to the particular Form where I deleted a record.

This is a very serious problem for me and I would appreciate any help or ideas on what to do. I would be happy to provide the developers with whatever login credentials they need to help me fix this.

Thanks!

Posted 10 years ago #
  3. yuniar

That's very odd issue indeed.
    Can you contact us directly and let us know the login to your MachForm panel please? We'll check it.

http://www.appnitro.com/contact

MachForm Founder

Posted 10 years ago #
  4. josmi

Thank you for the help!

I sent you the information on your Contact page. Hope to hear from you soon with any ideas or suggestions!

Posted 10 years ago #
  5. josmi

Yuniar is a genius. He figured out that it was the LastPass form fill function that was messing with the form. I logged out of LastPass and the problem was solved.

Posted 10 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic