This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 3

Drop Down Boxes Not Saving Bulk Insert Entries

1. donaldcummins

I have 6 drop-down boxes, and in each of them I am trying to save 174 elements with the Bulk Insert option. For the first couple of drop downs it saves them all, but then after that the program process of saving takes many minutes and does not respond. What happens is either it does not save or it saves but a third or so of the entries in the prior drop downs has been deleted. So I begin again and the same thing winds up happening. I tried to split the entries up and submit 40 at a time and that seems to work, but when I get to the third or fourth drop down the same thing happens. Since the drop downs are on the same page in my multi page form, I was thinking that maybe there is a limit that the page can accommodate? Any suggestions would be welcome. Thanks.

Posted 11 years ago #
  2. erzon

i encounter this problem.. but what I do to resolve this is.. If I create a drop down.. I don't delete the first 3 option.. I insert first the bulk option.. after the insert that's the time I deleted the first 3 options.. try it

Posted 11 years ago #
  3. donaldcummins

I have tried this and it is not working. Any other suggestions?

Posted 11 years ago #
  4. yuniar

You might want to check this:
    http://www.appnitro.com/forums/topic/drop-down-list-limit?replies=14#post-17438

MachForm Founder

Posted 11 years ago #
  5. vickiwatson

I had a similar problem with checkboxes. There are 120 checkbox items in this form:
    http://www.adriel.org/training-registration-form

Bulk insert worked for the first few sections, then it started showing "saving" but seemed to be stuck there and never saved.

The only way I could get it to work was to insert item by item using the + icons in the Field Properties area.

Posted 9 years ago #
  6. myrctech

Hello, is these problem sovled?

I have been trying to add a dropdown with 25 entires (with bulk insert), this was working good until 230 entries.
    After 230 entries, i read the database the option added into table, but the 'live' field is always switched to '0' , and when I try to add another round of bulk insert, some more entries were set with live=0.

can anyone help?

thanks!,

Posted 9 years ago #
  7. yuniar

myrctech -- the main issue is the "max_input_vars" setting of the PHP on your server. You'll need to update the setting.
    If you don't have access to the PHP configuration file, you'll need to update to v4.2

We've improved the code to overcome the "max_input_vars" setting. So that you'll be able to add large amount of dropdown.

MachForm Founder

Posted 9 years ago #
  8. myrctech

thanks yuniar,

but the default value for "max_input_vars" is 1000, isn't this enough for a list of Country list (which is about 250 entries)?

also, i have already tried to put it to 3000, but the same problem still persist. Is there any other constraint on this dropdown entry?

; How many GET/POST/COOKIE input variables may be accepted
    ; max_input_vars = 1000
    max_input_vars = 3000

Posted 9 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic