This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 4

Default Columns in grid view

1. mbs

Hi, when i create a grid view report it shows the first 8 columns of my 10 selected, can i change it so it shows all the columns and/or the order i want them in?

thanks

Posted 10 years ago #
  2. crewmark

Had the same issue but it's quite easy. When viewing that report click on the column header and it gives you options to sort or "Columns". Click on the arrow beside the columns and you can select which ones to show. Setting their order is just by dragging the column headers into the place you want it.

The bit where is has the grouping for the columns has got me lost though... can't quite work out how that works.
    Cheers

Posted 10 years ago #
  3. mbs

Thanks, yes figured that bit out but was hoping to be able to save a default setup so that the initially displayed fields were the ones i choose. Any ideas?

thanks

Posted 10 years ago #
  4. williamansley

@crewmark: The "Drag a column header and drop it here to group by that column" feature is also simple enough, but it is only useful when you have a lot of entries in your form's database with some duplicate entries in a given field. For example, let's say you have 100 entries with address fields, but there are only 20 different cities among all these entries. If you drag the "City" field up to that line, you will see all of your entries grouped by city.

@mbs: I don't think there is any way to set a default for the columns in an "Entry Grid" report. I think it would be a great feature for Appnotro to add in a future update, though.

Posted 10 years ago #
  5. agdm619

Need this as well...why doesn't it just show data you have selected in the widget? Why is the default 8 columns? Can this be changed somewhere?

Posted 9 years ago #
  6. yuniar

This definitely is something that we would like to improve indeed. Thanks for the thoughts.

MachForm Founder

Posted 9 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic