This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 4

Continue Button running away on Hover in Chrome

1. bemofunny

Hi,

I have a some what hilarious bug that was reported by one of our tester. At first I thought they were crazy but then I was able to duplicate it. Using Chrome in the case where I have multiple pages form. The Continue button whenever I hover try to move the from to the top and therefore, shift the position of the Continue button away from the cursor. Making it like it's playing to run away from you. Is there a CSS or javascript that causing it?

Thanks,
    - CJ

Posted 9 years ago #
  2. yuniar

This one is pretty odd. Can you let me know an URL please? I'll check it.

MachForm Founder

Posted 9 years ago #
  3. bemofunny

Thank you for getting back to me. I have been struggling all day to figure out how to fix this bug before midnight at our launch site. But ends up have to put up a message when detect Chrome browser. I just setup a test site that has just a few basic plugins and still have the same issue.

The URL is http://sgux.nguyenle.me/form-bug-chrome/ - The Green button is a Continue button. The odd thing it's not happen on the first page but on the second page and on. I couldn't figure out.

Using Chrome also I have noticed that on the second page of the form. The matrix if you click on a any cell instead of the checkbox, the form moved.

BTW, I was wondering if the name of the class for this button called btn_primary is so generic that might have some conflict with others? If you name every class start with mf-then-class-name, etc. that would help eliminate a number of conflict? The theme I am using is Enfold. My next test would be to use another simple form to see if I could duplicate the same issue.

Thanks,
    - CJ

Posted 9 years ago #
  4. hamlingordon

i'm having the same problem when i embed the form in Joomla 3.x it only happens on the second page

Posted 9 years ago #
  5. bemofunny

any luck?

Posted 9 years ago #
  6. yuniar

Sorry, I can't seems to figure out the problem yet. This might be related with the wordpress theme that might interfere with the form.
    When I opened the form directly, it seems to be working fine:
    http://tht.nguyenle.me/machform/embed.php?id=11487

hamlingordon -- can you let me know the URL of your form please? I'll check it as well

MachForm Founder

Posted 9 years ago #
  7. bemofunny

I just switch to a generic theme from WP, Twenty Twelve and same problem. But it only happen on the second page. Also if I remove the hover state of the button then the issue stop. However, the same issue still effect on Matrix where you click on areas near chekbox it will shift the page.

Posted 9 years ago #
  8. yuniar

Where is the hover state code of the button being located? I can't seems to find it.
    This might be related with the issue.

MachForm Founder

Posted 9 years ago #
  9. bemofunny

it's in the Advanced CSS and this is what I added:

.btn_primary:hover
    {
    background-color: #96bd4c;
    cursor: pointer;
    }

If I remove that then the hover no longer have issue but the Matrix still has similar effect.

Posted 9 years ago #
  10. hamlingordon

my form works outside of Joomla, i will be setting up a test on a live demo server using the same forms next week and report back, for right know my client needed this work done ASAP so i had to just do it without Joomla.

Posted 9 years ago #
  11. bemofunny

any news? not only the button issue, the checkboxes behave the same way in Chrome.

Posted 9 years ago #
  12. yuniar

Apparently, this is a Chrome bug that affect Chrome v36 or newer:
    http://crbug.com/400793

Please star that issue to get direct notification of updates from the Chrome folks.
    We're monitoring the progress and will try to find a workaround.

MachForm Founder

Posted 9 years ago #
  13. yuniar

Ok, if you are already using v4.2, please login to member area and download the package again. Extract the package and replace your current "includes/view-functions.php" file from the package. This is the only file need to be updated.

If you still using v4.1 or older, edit your "includes/view-functions.php" file. Search around line 5259 for this code:

$form_markup = <<<EOT

above that line, add this code:

$self_address = htmlentities($_SERVER['PHP_SELF']);

then search around line 5285 for this code:

<form id="form_{$form->id}" class="appnitro {$form->label_alignment}" {$form_enc_type} method="post" data-highlightcolor="{$field_highlight_color}" action="#main_body">

replace it with this one:

<form id="form_{$form->id}" class="appnitro {$form->label_alignment}" {$form_enc_type} method="post" data-highlightcolor="{$field_highlight_color}" action="{$self_address}">

Those should fix the jumping issue.
    Or you can contact us directly and let us know your exact machform version. We'll send you the patch above.

http://www.appnitro.com/contact

MachForm Founder

Posted 9 years ago #
  14. bemofunny

This is a wonderful news. The more I am using MachForm the more I really appreciate the rich features and the professional support from your small team. I have a stupid question. I have version 4.1 and couldn't find the steps to upgrade to version 4.2. Could you show me how?

Thanks,
    CJ

Posted 9 years ago #
  15. yuniar

Here is the upgrade instruction from v4.1 to v4.2:
    http://www.appnitro.com/upgrading-machform-v3

MachForm Founder

Posted 9 years ago #
  16. bemofunny

Hi Yuniar,

Does this version 4.2 already include the fix you mentioned above?

Thank you very much!
    - CJ

Posted 9 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic