This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 3

Captcha and tablets

1. ayersc3

We tried using the simple captcha option for our contact form. It works fine on a computer. But, on a tablet (iPad), captcha entries return constant errors. Any ideas why there's a disconnect? Or, where? Or, how to fix??

Thanks,
    chris

Posted 10 years ago #
  2. yuniar

Is the form and the page where you placed the form having the same domain name?
    Safari on the iPad/iPhone blocked cross domain cookies, so you need to make sure they are within the same domain.

MachForm Founder

Posted 10 years ago #
  3. smarta123

is there a work around for this? - I have 1 MachForm install that controls forms for all my domains (currently I have about 5 different domains using forms) and I have had a few people complain of captcha problems?

Posted 10 years ago #
  4. yuniar

We finally found a workaround for this cross-domain session cookies restriction within Safari. For anyone need a fix, please contact us directly.

MachForm Founder

Posted 10 years ago #
  5. patrickroma

I am really interested in this fix. Could you please provide the workaround?

Posted 9 years ago #
  6. AMurray
    Pro Member

That last post from Yuniar says "contact us directly". (i.e. not through the forum).

I won't assume you've already done so, here's the link: http://www.appnitro.com/contact

Posted 9 years ago #
  7. yuniar

The fix is already part of v3.5 or v4. If possible, update your machform to one of the above.

MachForm Founder

Posted 9 years ago #
  8. bto

Hi Yuniar- hope you are doing well!

We've run into a similar problem. The Machforms install is on one domain, and the site is on another. Machforms is upgraded to the very latest version. We've run into the same problem as mentioned above- Safari doesn't want to work with the captcha. I wondered if perhaps an update to Safari had created a problem since this had been previously addressed in Machforms.

Thanks for any insight into the issue, and thanks for the great product you create!

Regards,

Jon

Posted 9 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic