This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 2

Cannot log in to Machform on new server.

1. teacherdavids

I purchased V2 of Machform a few years ago and have been very happy with it (Love it, love it!!!). It has been an excellent tool for my students to upload their homework to my teaching site. Avoids killing many trees. :) I have recently moved my website to another domain provider. I downloaded the Machform folder from the old provider and then uploaded it to the new provider. I changed items in the config.php file to match the new provider. I then checked the forums/installation instructions for help to get Machform working on the new server (I do not have the script file). However, I have had no luck other than to get the Login page to load. When I attempt to sign in I get a message "select count(*) total_row from ap_forms Query failed: Table '[DATABASE NAME].ap_forms' doesn't exist". Any suggestion on how to proceed? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Posted 9 years ago #
  2. yuniar

Based on the error message, it looks like your tables aren't being transferred correctly. Particularly the "ap_forms" table is missing.
    Try to export again the MySQL database from your previous provider and then re-import again the database on your new provider.

MachForm Founder

Posted 9 years ago #
  3. teacherdavids

Thanks Yuniar. However, I only copied the MachForm folder from the previous provider and did not export the tables before I copied. The database files do not exist anymore on the previous provider. Where do we go from here? Thanks.

Posted 9 years ago #
  4. erzon

no database? meaning you need to start from scratch

Posted 9 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic