This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 4

Can filled out form show questions that weren't answered?

1. kimi

Hi, I couldn't find an answer to this in the forum. We've got an adoption application that has over 100 questions. I've numbered each question just to keep track of it all. Some questions are "If no, please explain." If the user chose "Yes" for the previous question they always skip that next question and we don't see the question that they didn't answer. If there anyway to make sure all the questions show up - whether or not they get answered by the user?

Thanks,

kt

Posted 9 years ago #
  2. yuniar

Do you mean within the email? It is possible through some modifications. Can you let me know what is the exact version of your machform please?

MachForm Founder

Posted 9 years ago #
  3. kimi

Hi Yuniar, Yes, we would like to see all the questions come back in the email to us - even the ones that weren't answered, since we do require people to fully fill out our application. This would help greatly. I have MachForm 4, purchased this last Oct. Not sure where to find the exact version number.

Thank you!

kt

Posted 9 years ago #
  4. williamansley

@kimi: To find your exact Machform version number, log on to Machform, click on "Settings" near the top of the screen (on the same line as "Manage Forms", but three items to the right) and you should see your license information in the right column.

Posted 9 years ago #
  5. kimi

Thanks Williamansley - My version is 4.2.

Hope that helps,

kt

Posted 9 years ago #
  6. thompcraig

Hi Yuniar, this would be a very useful function for myself also. I would be grateful if you could explain how to achieve this result. I have a number of tickbox questions and would like all of the questions to be displayed whether they are ticked or not in the version of the form emailed to me. I am also using Machform Version 4.2.

Many thanks

Craig

Posted 9 years ago #
  7. thompcraig

I tell a lie my Version is 4.1.

Craig

Posted 9 years ago #
  8. yuniar

Ok, actually you can see all those questions already by logging in to your MachForm panel and view the entry through the Entries Manager.
    If you would like to see that behavior within the email as well, you can edit your "includes/helper-functions.php" file.

Search around line 3467 for this code:

//0 should be displayed, empty string don't
    if((empty($data['value']) || $data['value'] == ' ') && $data['value'] !== 0 && $data['value'] !== '0' && $data['element_type'] !== 'section'){
    		continue;
    }

remove that block of code.

If you need further help, please contact me directly and I'll send you the file.

MachForm Founder

Posted 9 years ago #
  9. kimi

Thanks Yuniar, That worked for me and now I'm seeing all the unanswered questions!

Thanks,

kt

Posted 9 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic