This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 3

Adding and using own CSS code

1. IMAFpr

Hi,

In the helpfiles I found this:
    The Theme Editor allows you to add any valid CSS code to your theme. On the Theme Editor, click the dropdown on the right top corner and select the “Advanced” menu. You will be prompted to enter your CSS code. Once you have finished, make sure to save your theme to apply any changes.

I followed this instruction but I only can make a new theme or use the programm-excisting ones.
    The prompt to use my own CSS code is not available. There is no Advanced Menu!

Please some support.

Eric

Posted 11 years ago #
  2. AMurray
    Pro Member

The Advanced CSS mentioned below seems to have been removed as a feature from Ver 3.3

http://www.appnitro.com/doc-theme-editor#overview

Posted 11 years ago #
  3. williamansley

@IMAFpr: very uncharacteristically, AMurray is mistaken in his statement above; the feature of adding custom CSS code to any theme is still available in Machform 3.3. Unfortunately, it is somewhat hidden and the documentation is incorrect and inadequate in this case (a screen shot really is essential here), so it is very easy to be confused.

First of all, you are right, there is no "Advanced" menu! What you should be looking for is the menu item "Advanced CSS" in the (unnamed) drop down menu next to the "Save Theme" button. But, you still won't see this menu item until you create and save a new theme. Once you have done this, go to the drop down theme menu again and you will see the new menu items: Duplicate, Delete, Rename, Advanced CSS, and Share this Theme.

The user interface design could definitely be improved upon here and the documentation really needs to be corrected. Selecting from this menu is also more difficult that it should be, in my opinion. Since the menu opens up to the left of the drop down arrow, instead of centered below it, the natural tendency is to move the selection cursor down and to the left at the same time. But, if you move the cursor too far to the left, so that it moves into the white area to the left of the drop down arrow, between it and the "Save Theme" button, the menu closes and you have to try again. This happens to me frequently enough to be annoying.

Posted 11 years ago #
  4. yuniar

Sorry for all confusions! This is actually some kind of a bug. The "Advanced CSS" menu is not missing, but currently only available once you saved the theme.

We've adjusted this behavior for v3.4 and the Advanced CSS menu will always being displayed, even though you haven't saved the theme.

MachForm Founder

Posted 11 years ago #
  5. williamansley

It would help to avoid confusion if you didn't refer to a menu item (that is, an item that can be chosen from a menu), such as "Advanced CSS", as a menu. Strictly speaking, there is no "Advanced CSS" menu in the Theme Editor in Machform at any time. As far as I know, this is standard terminology.

I am curious about Machform 3.4. I hope you will start sharing some of the new features/changes in this version with us soon.

Posted 11 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic