This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » News & Announcement

[4 June 2015] MachForm 4.4 Released!

1. yuniar

This update added a bunch of useful features and improvements:
    http://www.appnitro.com/blog-machform44-released

Enjoy! :-)

MachForm Founder

Posted 8 years ago #
  2. bemofunny

I just upgrade to 4.4 and have a few questions:

1. How come the Auto-Hide Default Value only available on TextField? What about the Dropbox?
    2. Relative data mention the Grid component but I don't see that widget in Form. Are you talking about Grid in the Admin Dashboard of the MachForm not the actual Grid element form field?

Thanks,

Posted 8 years ago #
  3. yuniar

1) Do you mean dropdown field? It's not possible to have auto hide on dropdown field.

2) Yes, the grid widget within the reporting section

MachForm Founder

Posted 8 years ago #
  4. williamansley

Now that Machform 4.4 is officially out, I would like to post a warning for those using LDAP authentication. The default behavior of Machform is to allow everyone in your LDAP to be able to log on to Machform. Those users who already have Machform accounts will have the same rights as they did before. However, any users who authenticate through LDAP and who do not currently have any Machform accounts will have have the rights create new forms and new themes. If you don't want that to be the case, then you can edit the index.php file, search around line 317 for this code:

$priv_administer = 0;
    $priv_new_forms = 1;
    $priv_new_themes = 1;

simply change them to become:

$priv_administer = 0;
    $priv_new_forms = 0;
    $priv_new_themes = 0;

This may not be a problem for anyone else, but I thought I would pass this along in case it is. Apparently, for institutions who are making more sophisticated use of LDAP authentication then we currently are, a better solution is to create an LDAP group to limit the users who will have any access to Machform.

Posted 8 years ago #
  5. yannismamalis

Great update , but unfortunately the pdf that is created if the form is in Greek is not shown properly !. can you please guide me how to fix the encoding ?

Posted 8 years ago #
  6. agdm619

Anyway to customize the .PDF Attachment?? Even if it could use the custom HTML and put into the PDF.

Thanks,
    Aaron

Posted 8 years ago #
  7. yuniar

@yannismamalis -- can you contact us directly please? Please mail to: customer.service [at] appnitro.com

@Aaron -- it is possible, but at this moment you'll need to edit the template directly by updating the backend database. Which template you would like to edit? admin or receipt email? or logic email?

MachForm Founder

Posted 8 years ago #
  8. agdm619

@yaniar -- All three...and would it be possible to customize for every form?

Posted 8 years ago #
  9. PeteSkewes

Is it possible to integrate both Stripe and Paypal into a form, and give the end user the choice of Credit Card OR Paypal to make their payment?

Posted 8 years ago #
  10. bemofunny

Hi Yuniar,

In this release, is it possible to insert html as an element into the form? It would give it great flexibility to build form with elements that not yet available in MachForm. In case it's not yet available. Is it possible to modify the code to do that?

Thanks,

Posted 8 years ago #
  11. williamansley

@bemofunny: Are you asking if you can add the html code for new form elements, ones that Machform doesn't currently support, to a Machform form and have them tied into the automatically created/updated database for that form? I don't see how this would be possible without an enormous amount of work; you would basically be creating a new, much more complicated product. It would be more realistic to add new field types to the GUI interface by adding new code to Machform, but I still think that would end up being much more effort than it was worth. Good luck!

Posted 8 years ago #
  12. yuniar

@agdm619 -- Sorry for the delay on this. I've replied on your other post:
    http://www.appnitro.com/forums/topic/customize-pdfs?replies=2#post-23442

@PeteSkewes -- I'm afraid it's not possible for that. Sorry.

@bemofunny -- as replied by williamnsley above, it's not possible to add a new field into the form simply by inserting the HTML code. Sorry. Since a new field will require backend PHP code as well.

MachForm Founder

Posted 8 years ago #
  13. bemofunny

@Yuniar and @willliamansley.

Many form builders have the ability to instead HTML as element like Quform, Uiform, Coffeecup to name a few. I like your form a lot, it's fast, very easy to use but many times I couldn't do what I need to do as an UX designer. Our job is creating lot of prototypes to simulate the real products. And most of the products I am working on are Enterprise level so very complex. There are several key features that your product is missing and from what I can tell in these forum look like they were intentionally left out which I don't quite understand the rationale. Perhaps you were focus only on consumer product instead of enterprise level of product?

For example, why there is no Button element? You can't assume a form needs only one button (Submit).
    There is no Grid system for easily layout responsive form.
    No Grid element for inline editing simulation.
    No Slider, No Range, No Spinner.

What are your suggestions on how to over come these short coming?

Thanks,

Posted 8 years ago #
  14. williamansley

@bemofunny: First of all I want to emphasize that I do not work for Appnitro and I have no affiliation with the company, aside from being a user of Machform. I don't mean to seem flippant or rude, but if Machform doesn't meet you needs and these other products do, why don't you use one of these other products?

Posted 8 years ago #
  15. bemofunny

@williamansley. Very good question but I explained in my post if you read it carefully, I said "I like your form a lot, it's fast, very easy to use...". Yes I had bought many form plugins and settle with Machform because it's very responsive, easy to use. But with some of annoying limitations are those list above. The reason I list out other forms plugins is to show that it's not a technical limitation but look like Machform put that limitation on purpose. And that is a very shortsighted on developer part. People like me as UX designer are using form design to create layouts and simulations/prototypes. The package should not be limited to just for Consumer Facing product. There is no justification from technicality or from UX perspective that Machform couldn't be used to simulate the design for Enterprise level of products.

I am glad you are not affiliate with Machform, because as a company they should know that these hard to swallow feedbacks from customers are what making your product better.

Find me a good company that when user "complaint" or request such features got a response saying "why don't you use other products"...

Posted 8 years ago #
  16. yuniar

@bemofunny: If only we could add new feature as easy as it seem :-)

Adding a new field is actually a big technical challenge. The interface itself is easy but the backend code that process the field is the complex part.
    We need to make sure it will work with the whole functionality of MachForm (Reports, Entries, Webhooks, etc), won't break existing features and won't produce any new bugs. Connecting the whole part is technically difficult.

MachForm is not just a consumer facing product either. The LDAP and Multi Users functionality is actually developed for enterprise level.

That being said, we received lots of feature request constantly (we have a huge list of this) and we're working on them based on several considerations. If you go through this forum, you'll notice features that being requested by many people usually being implemented faster.

So, please feel free to post any feature requests. We read all of them (though we might not reply to all) and keep note for our development brainstorming. Some will get implemented and some others might not. I'm sorry if any of your requested feature is not being implemented. Nothing personal, we just want to keep MachForm "very easy to use" just as you mentioned.

MachForm Founder

Posted 8 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic